Could someone please buy spare parts on my behalf (100% prepaid via Paypal)?

Hoodoo

My Pandora is showing the first symptoms of PTOD to happen soon, so far in certain screen positions.

I've bought it via ebay, since my question on shipping to Russia has never been answered, so:

- no chance/extremely tedious to send it back for repair

- no chance to buy the spare parts like normal people do

And the team is super busy at the moment, and sending expensive compact electronics is quite risky in Russia.

So to transmit the money, we need to bribe a bank official I need someone's help in purchasing four spare LCD cables. Considering great reputation Russia has and me being new to the boards I will prepay the spare parts, shipping them to you and shipping them from where you live to Moscow (regular mail will do).

An order in which the screws are to be removed and some details about removing the hinge would also be appreciated, the hardware hacking manuals I've seen are all about the board.

Please PM for the address details and thanks in advance.

------------

Oh, I think I should add something for all the hassle, but not too much - I'm out of my gadgets budget now after buying the SD cards and wifi dongle. Let's discuss it via PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot, mindlord! Of course I should have looked for the guide at youtube, it's XXI century after all!

So now when I have actually seen how to properly disassemble it I do not need the spare case anymore, so it boils down to buying the spare cables.

It involves soldering, which I'm not particularily good at, so I probably need four cables just in case, and the sum I have to spend on the spare parts gets really low and these can probably be sent as a letter.

I still need help buying it, preferably from someone on the same side of the Atlantic Ocean where I am :)

I could propose some more money for all your worries or maybe make a donation to OP.

It's awesome, by the way, if I recognized the voice correct it's ED himself, that's really Openpandora and that's why I'm fine with two crucial parts of the device dying less than in a month. I really really like when things like that are provided by the manufacturer. Imagine Steve Jobs disassembling the next iPhone. :) In USSR electronic devices (if you could manage, manage != afford, to buy them) used to come with detailed circuit diagrams so that one could fix them if they started to misbehave.

Oh thank you for answering, it really is a minor issue so far and the whole situation is because of my impatience. Now I don't have to whatch my lovely gadget dying slowly and not being able to get the cure for it!

I don't think the new(er) cables require soldering. My spare cables came with speakers already attached. I just had to dismantle the Pandora and put in the cable+speakers in place.

OK, I've found a sort of 'proxy' company which would do the shipment for me, so I'll pay the cables tonight via icontrolpad shop, just please please ship them there (it's in Potsdam).

I'll report on their speed/prices/quality later.

OK, I've found a sort of 'proxy' company which would do the shipment for me, so I'll pay the cables tonight via icontrolpad shop, just please please ship them there (it's in Potsdam).

I'll report on their speed/prices/quality later.
why would you pay for the pecca cables via the icontrolpad shop?

edit:

ah you meant lcd cables :p

For the record, actually one good man did respond, in the same day when I've found the company. I just didn't want to burden him with all this hassle when 'proxies' exist, but thanks anyway. :)

Back