What did you name your Pandora/s?

sswam

Advanced Member
Mine are called squig, floss, and tichy!

For bonus points, what are you going to name your pandora 2?

my PC laptop is called balrog

Last edited by a moderator:
My Pandora is called HansGiebenrath, after the protagonist of one of my favourite novels. My Notebook is called PillarOfAutumn, after a ship in one of my favourite video games. And my NAS is called Elysium.

what is the obsession with naming your computers? i see so many people doing it. i dont understand it

terminal.png

^ That terminal is not for the computer I'm currently sitting by. That's why I bother naming my computers, so that I can tell them apart.

I name my computers after South Park characters.

My pandora had the hostname "Ike".

I just kept Pandora for mine. My wife refers to her as my lover. She claims that I spend more to time with Pandora than with her. Which is of course not true but I guess my wife just like to play that game of jealousy.

I only named my first batch Pandora..

Super CC Sugru edition

The case was cracking and I tried to patch it with Sugru after someone posted they used it to fill some cracks.. Shortly after I did this, I saw people saying it wasn't all that great to use.. So now I have a lump of the stuff were the hinge broke and it sort of tilts the screen at a slight angle, but it seems to be holding it in place..

I give all my devices colorful hostnames. 

My Pandora's hostname - PureAwesome - Because it's pure awesome!

My Asus Transformer TF300T - Starscream - Because Transformers,,, Starscream...Obviously. I mean I have an old school Decepticon sticker on it for God's sake.

My Desktop PC - CheapSlut - Because the Cheap Slut got a network born virus before I could install an anti-virus the first time I installed Windows on it. Had to format and re-install less than one day after birth. Slut.

My #! File Server - Datawhore - I'm not saying it's a whore, but it's a filthy stinking whore.

My #! Laptop - ElCheapo - Because It's a great laptop that I got for 50$ at a yardsale because it was "Infected with a virus." HA! I took it to the local coffee shop and had Linux on it before I finished my English muffin. 

My cellphone - Vindicator - Because I love me some Vindicators arcade action... No other reason. :D

Pandora? Naming? Wow you are funny :) I think i call mine Rebirth Codename:

Goldenie .... ...and the GHZ one:

Sibernie :p

(because i am a Pfälzer :rolleyes:   )

I don't 'get' pet-names for things; but hostnames, certainly; a pandora must have one, after all...

'felch' for one (original dev unit), and 'roadkill' for the other (as in .. touch my effing pandora, and you are roadkill :)

jeff

Like skeezix, I don't give names to my devices, just hostnames:
- laptop   : Mokona       ( comes from Mokona Modoki, my favourite xxxHolic character )
- pandora  : Modoki       ( idem )
- cellular : Stormbringer ( it's handheld, black, with changing characters on it )
- tablet   : Lag          ( Had to wipe it clean to make it boot in less than 10 minutes )
- ps3      : Monolith     ( "It's full of dust" )

My Asus Transformer TF300T - Starscream - Because Transformers,,, Starscream...Obviously. I mean I have an old school Decepticon sticker on it for God's sake.
++1

Pandora? Naming? Wow you are funny :) I think i call mine Rebirth Codename:

Goldenie .... ...and the GHZ one:

Sibernie :p

(because i am a Pfälzer :rolleyes:   )
:D

Like skeezix, I don't give names to my devices, just hostnames:
I thought that was the hole point of this thread

Yeah, if we're talking about the name you get to give your pandora when installing a fresh firmware (and that shows up in a BASH prompt), then mine is "zxdunnyssmallblackpandora".

Terminal work is awkward.

D.

Back