What are you (going to) study(ing)/have you studied?

cinaed666

I was wondering, what are your backgrounds? What did you major in, in school/college?

I'm in my 5th (of 6) year of highschool now. I'm doing something called Industrial ICT (Programming/Hardware/Electronics with a practical view). after that I'm going to study Digital Arts and Entertainment

and probably do a master in that, AND electronics too. :)

I'm seventeen now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I studied Computer Games Tech (Bsc Hons) at Uni. Now I'm running my own game dev micro-studio, doing games for mobile/desktop as well as doing contract work for bigger studios. Details of the studio are linked in my sig. Right now I'm focusing on trying to break even and trying to expand. Should also have my first Pandora game out soon, as soon as I find the time to finish it.

I think I'm gonna major in Computer Science. Perhaps learn how to code, join a game dev studio some day. Not worrying about that until I'm well into college. But for now I'm putting my energy towards keeping my grades up so I can actually get in. Still in 11th grade, and the SATs are coming up.

Started my degree in Computer Science, planning to go into computer games, but I changed into a B.Arts(Philosophy/Logic Major) at the start of 2009 becuase I started to feel that maybe it was an unrealistic objective. I finish that degree at the end of this year, and will probably do another degree in Computer Graphics becuase I have decided that games is what I really want to do.

I'm probably going to get into electronic engineering; but if I can't get the grades, I will probably get into computer games.

Preparing to move this summer so I can go to college for a degree in Software Engineering. Excited to learn about coding and probably wont limit myself to only games, but I definitely want to mess around with making my own games someday.

BS and MS in computer science... Part of me would like to get a BS in EE or something but I really can't manage all that now >_>

Definitely not doing games, but I'm not sure I ever really wanted to.

I studied electronic engineering and software development (two 4 year studies). Currently a game developer working for a major game studio in Vancouver, Canada

I've studied to be a computer technician (and got the diploma), then tried to learn computer graphics for a few years (gave up before graduating*) and now, I'm learning software development with java (I'll graduate next september if everything go smoothly).

* Computer graphics was a fun thing to learn, BUT you're not free to do what you want and some clients have AWFUL TASTES!

So I gave up and tried to find something less frustrating for me.
laugh.gif

Im currently studying to become a DataTechnician, its a 5 year education and is the next step above a It-Supporter. It Involves setting up and maintaining large networks and server clusters.

My degree is in Professional Accountancy. It is designed toward getting such certifications as "Certified Public Accountant," "Certified Managerial Accountant," and "Certified Internal Auditor." I've taken and passed the four sections of the CPA exam (Business Environment and Concepts, Regulation, Financial Accounting and Reporting, and Auditing). Now I just need to get the experience.

I do have a minor in Computer Information Systems.

I actually started University as a Biology major, before eventually jumping ship to Mathematics, then Computer Science. Now I'm a computer science major with a minor in Economics.

I'm strange and currently work for one of the guys at the University as a 3D Modeler and a Systems Administrator. I think the left side and the right side of my brain will battle to the death one of these days.

Got my masters degree in computer science. Now working to wrap up my PhD in the same field.

Back