What Are Your Favourite Skins?

Haze

Still Fresh
I've been looking through some the skins available and there is definitely a wide selection.

So what have you done with the freedom to have the GP2X interface looking the way you want it? What are your favourite skins? Do you stick with one our do you rotate. Is there any your not so fond of?

Please, share.

At a point in time I used the Apple OS X Aqua skin. I'm not sure if there's a 2.1 version out there, if it is I'll definitely give it another go.

I actually like the default skin, its only shortcoming is the lime green background on the games menu. It makes the white text very hard to read.

- Alex

I mostly use gmenu2x so it's moot, but my fave skin is sike_abstract 2.1. Extremely professional and impressive.

I used to like Liquido very much, but now I'm totally fond of sike_abstract!
The screen fading looks SOOOO cool :)

I've had Candy skin sat behind GMenu since it was released. I wish Wyefye would update the MS Paint skin, my actual favourite.. :)

My favorite is Poison (blue, 2.1.1). The default skin sucks, the gradients are bad (color banding issues) and the icons are unprofessional.

I use Poison 2.1 - it looks good with TV-out. Sike-abstract is also good, I'll probably use it after I'm bored with the Poison skin.

At a point in time I used the Apple OS X Aqua skin. I'm not sure if there's a 2.1 version out there, if it is I'll definitely give it another go.

I actually like the default skin, its only shortcoming is the lime green background on the games menu. It makes the white text very hard to read.

- Alex

I second this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the topic just says "skins" I would take that to mean it can be a Gmenu2X skin as well.

I am suprised no one has done much in the way of Gmenu2x skins. I made the background image below and I just use that. You just have to set the transparency to less for top and bottom bars.

bg.png

Well the topic just says "skins" I would take that to mean it can be a Gmenu2X skin as well.

I am suprised no one has done much in the way of Gmenu2x skins. I made the background image below and I just use that. You just have to set the transparency to less for top and bottom bars.

bg.png

I was thinking of giving Gmenu2X a go when my GP2X arrived but it seems a bit code heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 3 of my fav. GP2X-Skins:

1. Liquido
2. Liquido
3. Liquido
:lol:
And the best thing is I really have 3 ORIGINAL Liquido skins (made by pedator) on my GP2X: the 3D animated Version for standard-Menu, the famous GMenu2X version and the skin for GMU-player. ^^

I hope, Ryo will made skins for games to. :)

Ive got gmenu2x with a custom skin, and the gp2x menu with a custom skin. Both very nice. I only bothered skinning what I use though, so thats why its not released, as the ebook, file browser, and misc spots are not skinned fully.

Back