What Are Best Gba Linkable Games?


BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
2,452
Location
UK
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
I've just picked up an old style GBA for £13.52 plus P&P off ebay. (Don't you just love getting that snipe in with 10 seconds to go lol.)

Anyway I was wondering what are the best linkable games so I can have some multi player action with my mates on my SP and the bargain GBA. Preferably single cart but multi too if the game is good enough.

On another note, in the not too distant future I hope to get a DS. I know the DS has wifi for multiplayer but does it support GBA linker cables too for backwards compatability?
 

Angel

"Nobody's gay for Moleman"
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
1,347
Website
www.brutallyhonestgaming.com
The only multi player cart i have is Mario Kart and it only needs 1 cart for basic gaming. 2 carts if you want to do everything.

As for the GBA to DS, i remember reading somewhere that they are not compatible because you cannot connect the link cable to the DS anywhere.
 

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
2,452
Location
UK
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
nickspoon posted on Mar 15 2006 at 06:00 PM said:
The DS won't link with GBAs due to the lack of link port. That's why I'm keeping my original GBA.
I sort of assumed that would be the case.

Anyway back to the main topic. If that's why you're keeping your GBA then you must play some multiplayer stuff on it so what's good? ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
4,234
Age
27
Location
Essex, UK
Website
Visit site
Sonic Advance 3 has a find-the-chao mode for Single-Pak link. It's great fun if you've got four friends and a 4-way link cable :) Heck, it's great fun even with two people. Recommended, definitely.

Kuru Kuru Kururin has a fairly decent multiplayer mode, but I would advise getting it anyway because it's a brilliant game.

Mario Kart Super Circuit is good too, don't own it but I've played it over link.

That's all I can think of for the moment.
 

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
2,452
Location
UK
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
nickspoon posted on Mar 15 2006 at 07:11 PM said:
Kuru Kuru Kururin has a fairly decent multiplayer mode, but I would advise getting it anyway because it's a brilliant game.

After googling, that looks like a weird game. Seems to generate a love hate kind of reception. I'll give it a go on Visual Boy Advance.

:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SatanClaus

Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2003
Messages
1,077
BaDToaD posted on Mar 15 2006 at 11:12 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Mar 15 2006 at 07:11 PM said:
Kuru Kuru Kururin has a fairly decent multiplayer mode, but I would advise getting it anyway because it's a brilliant game.

After googling, that looks like a weird game. Seems to generate a love hate kind of reception. I'll give it a go on Visual Boy Advance.

:)
It's great and the multiplayer rocks. And if you like the game, there is a japanese-only sequel called Kururin Paradise which is also very good.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

grahf

MK1 first edition #299, still going strong.
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
863
Age
39
Location
From US, currently in Tokyo, Japan
Website
Visit site
If you have a flashcart, there are a few pocketNES games. Check out the PocketNES site for a link to games that will fit in multiboot. If you have 2 flashcarts, im fairly certain you can play any 2 player games.
 

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
2,452
Location
UK
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
grahf posted on Mar 17 2006 at 12:08 AM said:
If you have a flashcart, there are a few pocketNES games. Check out the PocketNES site for a link to games that will fit in multiboot. If you have 2 flashcarts, im fairly certain you can play any 2 player games.
I've got a Supercard SD. Hadn't thought about PockeNES :) nice one.

I've got a few carts and I'm also trawling ebay for bargains. I don't feel it's fair to not buy some GBA games as it is still a current system.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Flavor

Daddy
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
374
Here's a good (probablly outdated) list.
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/358/358050p1.html

I was really into the multiBoot games for a while. Off the top of my head, my favorites (somewhat in order) were...
Puyo Pop (4-player from one cart NOTE: The one I'm thinking of MAY be "Puyo Puyo Fever")
Bomberman (I THINK that the best one is "Bomberman Jetters Game Collection" if I recall correctly, but it's in Japanese. If you want English, consult the URL posted above.)
Egg Mania
ChuChu Rocket
Colin McRae

Can't remember if these were multiBoot or needed 2 carts.
Super Monkey Ball (You can play hot-seat mode with bowling which is fun)
Ultimate Brain Games
Ultimate Card Games

Mario Kart is good with multiple carts, but I didn't really think that the multiBoot version was all that great.

I think Speedball (or maybe Speedball 2) was alright for an "sports" game.

I can't really think of any others right now, but those ones are good.
 

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
4,234
Age
27
Location
Essex, UK
Website
Visit site
SatanClaus posted on Mar 16 2006 at 11:57 PM said:
BaDToaD posted on Mar 15 2006 at 11:12 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Mar 15 2006 at 07:11 PM said:
Kuru Kuru Kururin has a fairly decent multiplayer mode, but I would advise getting it anyway because it's a brilliant game.

After googling, that looks like a weird game. Seems to generate a love hate kind of reception. I'll give it a go on Visual Boy Advance.

:)
It's great and the multiplayer rocks. And if you like the game, there is a japanese-only sequel called Kururin Paradise which is also very good.
Well, I completed the first one, and am still hungry for more :)

I feel sorry for the Americans who never got Kuru Kuru Kururin.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

deadlychicken22

Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
1,501
Location
MN, USA
Website
Visit site
diablo2 posted on Mar 16 2006 at 04:23 AM said:
zelda four swords rocks link cabled
yes, it does. However, I think that you need two carts for it....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
2,452
Location
UK
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
Thanks for the input guys. I'll check some of those out.

Damn Ebay is addictive I've just picked up another GBA this time with 4 games (GBC admidtedly) and a light for £17 odd including packing hehe.

Now to pick up some of those carts on Flavors IGN list and I'll be a happy bunny :)
 
Top