Were should i start?

Guille..!

Still Fresh
Hello everybody.

Im new in this comunity and i want to start in the world of the programation, in Pandora of course.
I have read lots of things like that there is going to be an " especial " Pandora for programation, is this true?

First of all, i have no idea on programation, but now im going to have veeery much free time and i would like to start learning about all this.
I have the dream of a Zelda OOT in Pandora, but including in the game new stuff ( made by myself ) . I Know it will be hard to start but really i want to do it , so , were should i start in? What should i learn, C or C++ ?

Please somebody post here any links of goods tutorials for programating in Pandora ( especially games ) or tell me were should i start .

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english, im from Spain.

There are some threads about programming for the Pandora (or on the Pandora) over in the gp32x board, see the 'old forums' link in the Forums tab on the main page.

Thanks a lot,
I read most of the post's in the old forum and i think i would start learning C++ and making a game in SDL.
The only question i still have its that if i would need an Special Pandora for development ( i just want to port my own game )

Thanks again

No, you wouldn't need access to a Pandora to program your game. As long as your game can run on Linux, it should work perfectly.

Provided Pandora has all the required packages and it's capable of handling your form of coding. Some compiled games and the such, although running fine on a 600mhz pc, would struggle to run on the Pandora's architecture.

I could be wrong, but I just thought i'd provide my input.

From the sounds of things though, your game should work fine :]

Back