Well that's annoying

Blargont

Still Fresh
Aaarrrrghgghg I have been waiting on my pandora for 22 days and I havent got it I'm so annoyed (as the title suggests) this is so f-€ked up

All i can say to u sir is stop being a little bitch. And man up.

Some of us waited in excess of 700 days for our pandoras. Every sane minded person knows that from order to production to testing of the product there is a healthy wait involved due to all the work being done by a small team of hard working dedicated gamers, having to test all components of the system from boards to screens to all the chips etc and then having to fix broken boards and components to stop the price being jacked up. All this work for your benefit, so u dont get a dodgy unit.

you must surely have read the forums and seen how many people have waited and are still waiting after ordering at the start of this awsome project and have way more right to moan and bitch than you do sir, yet the majority have enough common sence to be able to work out theres gonna be a delay. And thus constructively get involved the comunity rater than barging in like u and just making unconstructive comments and generally just plain negative. Your not dealing with a multi billion company like sony or microsoft, its a bunch of guys which have dicidd to take it upon themselfs due to demand for a propper gamer friendly console.

Mate be happy knowing ur gonna be privilaged enough to have one at some point. and if you are a premium order you have some right to be annoyed but not after 22 days wake up.

^ He might or might not have been waiting as long, but that isn't justification to call someone a "little bitch" and tell them to "man up", so don't do that, please. ;)

As for the main site I just wonder why they didn't temporarily remove that statement about 7 business days as soon as it became apparent that wifi issue makes OPT unable to keep that promise.

prometheus, your kindness and maturity is welcome in most cases, but i have to agree with jarvis on this one, quit your bitching because your 22 day wait is a joke in your pants

Last edited by a moderator:
^ But it's just not necessary. The guy paid for something that was advertised to ship in seven days. I could have sworn that Blargont mentioned having been notified of the current delay in another thread, though, but I could be remembering the wrong person.

I'm not making light of everyone else's wait, obviously. I just don't think it's good form to be using unpleasantries in this situation, and especially not when the poster hasn't really been aggressive, rude, unpleasant, or anything else (not that it's particularly worthwhile to behave that way then, either, that said).

It wasn't the intention to start that off again. :p

I'll put it more simply: Don't be gits. That's all I'm saying.

You heard her.

instant_grits20blue20logo20copy1.jpg

But seriously, I didn't hear about this new delay. Sigh...

Sorry dude, lots of people here are still waiting. Just stay patient, man. The wait's worth it.

1¢: The Pandora is a wonderful thing brought by well-intentioned people going through not-so-easy times. The wait IS worth it, but if you can't then there is always refund. That's the business way to say "not fast enough" if you are truly unable to wait. I have faith you can muster the patience for your ultimate benefit, however. :)

1¢: OPT please update the website to reflect reality so as not to falsely advertise. The community loves your integrity and transparency, so I think it's in your best interest to take down the 7-day promise until you can deliver it (and put it back up immediately when you can). Customer trust holds more value than dollars earned through false promises.

Just my 2¢.

maybe he talks about an already premium order paid.

in this case 22 days is quite long.

Morn raises quite a valid point here. The team shouldn't promise deadlines which they cannot make. We all suffered the two months joke for at least two years and some people are up to three years already. The team should avoid false advertisement at this point, though it's obviously unintentional.

Don't pick on Prometheus for being right, we can use some more kindness in the community. There is some serious bad blood boiling around here and it doesn't take much to explode, so please keep it friendly.

Blargont, we all know how you feel. The original pre-orders were placed in september 30, 2008. Many people who ordered shortly thereafter are still waiting to receive their units. You don't need to worry that it will take that long for your premium unit to arrive but please be a bit patient. I can assure you that it is worth the slightly longer wait.

For sure, with another 500 units they should be quite close to finally finishing that first batch.

For all the unfortunate ones that are still waiting for their unit, I certainly hope those 500 will come soon and free of errors (old and new).

I've been waiting since January 2009 for my Pandora - not as long as some, but long enough! I work for a large international organisation in the IT team and I constantly get harassed about the phantom console I paid for.. Due to some practical issues (mainly that I'm emigrating) I upgraded to a premium on 2th June - now as you probably imagine it felt good to finally be able to categorically state to my disbelieving colleagues that i'd have my Pandora in a week or so!

Now of course, I still don't have my Pandora (as usual due to solid, understandable, and totally unforseeable delays - again). I now really wish I'd never triumphantly told my work mates that my Pandora was on the way ;) . It's gotten to the stage now that even our 18 year old student interns are harassing me about throwing my money away! They're especially amused at the idea that I paid yet more money to the same guys for yet more vaporware.

Anyway, to be brutally honest I wasn't even that surprised with the (premium) delays - that's the whole Pandora story in miniature right there! I'm still waiting, but I'm not annoyed at the OP team or anything. These things happen - especially to us Pandora folk!

:)

thanks prometheus Jarvis this is a forum and since I ordered my pandora I believe I have been putting much input into lots of topics so sir I did not just "barg in" as you say I did go premium and payed extra money for it so sorry but I think its a fair comment also I got a email from pandora saying sorry so I'm not so annoyed still hasn't been even sent though

P.S. Jarvis in the future pleas off you come across a comment that you think has no just reason don't call the poster and I quote "a little bitch" just point out why they are wrong pleas I have balls but other people don't e.g. Girls

Beside the point just if you can't hold yourself back don't even comment ok good

PP.S. I know it is worth the wait otherwise why would I have bought it in the first place (no offense itended but really)

PPP.S. No offense Jarvis but LOYERD

Back