Weird S-video Problem...

DanSolo

Still Fresh
I spent a few hours trying to connect my GP2X to the TV using the TV-Out connector earlier. I'm using a 4 pin to yellow RCA converter, and I tried both a TV and DVD player with an S-Video in. Nope. After much wobbling of cables, I noticed some flickering and bent a bit more... black and white yucky picture. What took me 99% of my time to figure out was that I was actually DISCONNECTING two of the pins when I was doing this, not making the pins insert better!
I opened up the male connector and removed 2 of the pins. Since I lost the metal socket part in the process I just taped the two parts together and now everything is peachy. My real question is: how the hell was I supposed to know that?

you did what? a connector what? pins what?
sorry man i just can't follow you. i just plugged the s-video cable to my tv and that was it.
4pin to yellow rca converter? i'll assume 4pin is s-video? it's just a cable converter, but it won't get you any good quality..
be more specific about your connectors and stuff, so that you can get it right the "right" way. though if it works...

hsinn3r said:
sorry man i just can't follow you. i just plugged the s-video cable to my tv and that was it.
4pin to yellow rca converter? i'll assume 4pin is s-video? it's just a cable converter, but it won't get you any good quality..
be more specific about your connectors and stuff, so that you can get it right the "right" way. though if it works...
Er, the s-video out from the GP2X video cable has 4 pins. I have a connector that plugs into that, and then into the yellow socket of the RCA input of my DVD player.
If that has you confused there's no way you can answer my question.

Last edited by a moderator:
DanSolo said:
hsinn3r said:
Er, the s-video out from the GP2X video cable has 4 pins. I have a connector that plugs into that, and then into the yellow socket of the RCA input of my DVD player.
If that has you confused there's no way you can answer my question.

ok, now i get it :)
well the image quality you'll get from that is a bit worse than the standalone s-video, keep that in mind. otherwise if it works.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back