S Video To Rca Converter

myshadow

Still Fresh
alright guys,

i just got the cradle and im trying to get the tv out to work. the problem is my tv doesnt take s video, only rca. i went out and bought an s video cable and a 3-input video switcher which takes s video and rca. the problem is when set it up and select tv out on my gp2x all i get is a black screen. i have tried selecting different channels on my tv but no luck. my question is whats a good s video to rca adaptor? i dont want to buy one and have it not work

Select "AV" on your television, that should do the trick. The GP2x will give a black screen when it is in tv-out mode, but you television need to be on "AV" channel to take the signal.

TV out is not great quality, only 320x240 resolution after all.

bacteria said:
Select "AV" on your television, that should do the trick. The GP2x will give a black screen when it is in tv-out mode, but you television need to be on "AV" channel to take the signal.

TV out is not great quality, only 320x240 resolution after all.

i have an input button on my tv which is what my dvd player works on. thats what i was trying to use already

Last edited by a moderator:
More common problem is just to get black/white picture - ie only pin 3 is connected on svid/rca convertor..
maybe yours only has pin 4 (colour) connected?
try putting a strand of wire (Ushaped linking 3&4) and see if that helps - you should use a capacitor but I found a strand of wire works fine.

SVIDEO PINS -
1 GND Ground (Y)
2 GND Ground ©
3 Y Intensity (Luminance)
4 C Colour (Chrominance)

kevcal said:
More common problem is just to get black/white picture - ie only pin 3 is connected on svid/rca convertor..
try putting a strand of wire (Ushaped linking 3&4) and see if that helps - you should use a capacitor but I found a strand of wire works fine.

SVIDEO PINS -
1 GND Ground (Y)
2 GND Ground ©
4 C Colour (Chrominance)

uhhhh......i dont really understand any of that

myshadow said:
kevcal said:

SVIDEO PINS -
1 GND Ground (Y)
2 GND Ground ©
4 C Colour (Chrominance)
uhhhh......i dont really understand any of thatSorry - dunno what to say - maybe too much info. :unsure:
Yeah, I meant well... :ph34r:

Wow, he clearly mentions in his first post that he bought an AV switch.

@ Myshadow, those switches only switch the inputs to the same style output (Meaning that the video signal doesn't convert from the S-Video [input] to the RCA [output] inside your box).

Just get any converter that says specifically S-Video to Composite, I like these:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

I like the first one because you can connect it directly to your TV (or switch box RCA input), and use the S-Video cable you have to connect it to the cradle.

thanks guys

i realized it was probably not converting to rca when when i played around with the controls of the gp2x and got sound from one of the emulaters. i did order a converter wire so hopefully that will make everything work.

thanks again

Back