Web Infrastructure For Developers

TomCooksey

Still Fresh
I'm making progress on Quake 3 port (to Qt.. not started on OpenGL ES changes yet). What I really want to do is push my changes to somewhere others can download & try out (once I get something basic working). This got me thinking - is there a server somewhere pandora devs can use to host their projects?

At some point we're going to need a Linux distro (I assume this is going to be OE?). Where's that going to be hosted? What about automated builds of basic images?

There seems to be a big hunck of infrastructure missing for the Pandora, or it could exist and I just don't know about it! :)

Tom Cooksey said:
There seems to be a big hunck of infrastructure missing for the Pandora, or it could exist and I just don't know about it! :)
It exists, its more a case that it is still in flux and a mix of public and private repros while things are still being developed. Not all nicely in one place at the moment.

Things like the kernel GIT will be switched public read as soon as things stabilise and patches for things like OE recipes are being prepared. If people want early sight of the code I have no personal problem with it (for the bits I am working on anyway) but what I want to avoid is a barrage of questions, comments etc. when things are still in flux.

There are a few things that are setup for information like kernel GIT commit msgs being posted to #openpandora on freenode etc. if information is your thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used a few free SVN code servers, but a few months back I discovered:

Assembla web page

Which I have found to be very good (much better than any of the other free services I tried). It has more than just an SVN server, it has bug tracking, Wiki, team memberships, email notifications, etc.

I now have a few projects on there, so I'd recommend at least giving it a look.

Steve

Back