Web browsers on P2

Which browser(s)?

• Total voters

Man, you all are sure good at staying on topic! Let's not start a fight please! Don't underestimate the pandora team. They made the first pandora using ideas from a forum, so they're gonna do the same with P2! If everyone wants both OSes, then that's what they'll do!

I hope linux will stay, imo its the thing that sets it apart... I do enjoy the new android on the pandora although I only play songpop throug it... otherwise all the games that were ported to the pandora natively for example battle for wesnoth are so much better than their android counterparts!

my 2 cents....

I think this is serious problem. You need the right hardware drivers to make use of the gpu and the power saving features. I am not sure if the android drivers and the Linux drivers are 100% compatible (maybe notaz knows more). And it would be a good idea to get a complete documentation of the hardware (like the caanoo cpu/gpu manual which is realy helpful for optimization) not just an open gles 2 driver.

I think this is serious problem. You need the right hardware drivers to make use of the gpu and the power saving features. I am not sure if the android drivers and the Linux drivers are 100% compatible (maybe notaz knows more).
They will be, once the kernel merge is complete.

I think this is serious problem. You need the right hardware drivers to make use of the gpu and the power saving features. I am not sure if the android drivers and the Linux drivers are 100% compatible (maybe notaz knows more).
They will be, once the kernel merge is complete.

This is my understanding as well. The last major hurdle from what I've been able to gather is how to combine the power save a wake and sleeping states of hardware in the Linux kernel to be compatible with both.

I'm thinking android is going to be making the major change here to conform with what Linux developers are going to provide in regards to a maintainable feature.

Should in theory just be able to build the kernel without those flags and get more traditional kernel setup. But from what I gather you would want these types of hardware sleep states on your mobile device regardless of it running android or Linux. Lot like the suspend features in 3.x kernel.

At least that's what I understand it as being.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

This discussion is absolutely unrelated to web browsers... can we continue it somewhere else?

every thread on any forum evolves to either an Android vs Linux or an Android vs iOS pissing match given enough time

just do a search for android vs linux, it will return "too many results found, please narrow your search parameters"

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back