Warning: Avoid earbuds with "Apple ControlTalk" feature!

Ugh I want to stab Apple in the eye for forking something which was supposed to be standard...
Amen.

Changing ground and mic does make no sense.

What if we declare the Apple headphone jack as standard?

Will they switch back to the old standard then?
No. They will make a new 'Apple +' standard for all their new releases and go to great lengths to explain how much better it is.

What if we declare the Apple headphone jack as standard?

Will they switch back to the old standard  then?
I guess they will be proud to have invented the first real mic/headphone jack and will add that to their list of accomplishments. That old standard doesn't count, it was so bad and barely worked anyway, and it didn't even have "Apple" written on it, so it can't count.
How true.

No. They will make a new 'Apple +' standard for all their new releases and go to great lengths to explain how much better it is.
At least that would be a significant improvement ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's from Apple and it's different from the standard.

Can you imagine anything better than that ;) .

(At least in Apple World).

Can you imagine anything better than that ;) .

(At least in Apple World).
apple.jpg

How to fleece people more efficiently and improving the reality distortion field, i'd say those subjects rank pretty high in the Holy Kingdom of Apple.

Just tried it:

Put my Apple Airbuds in the Pandoras Headphone Jack, and it tidtnt sound good,

Tryd it whit Duke 3D, and Super Nintendo Emu

The Airbuds are from my Ipod Nano 7,

They have 3 Rings on the plug, whyle mee Bose IE 2 only had 2 Rings..

Booth work great on the Ipod..

Strange..

Just tried it:

Put my Apple Airbuds in the Pandoras Headphone Jack, and it tidtnt sound good,

Tryd it whit Duke 3D, and Super Nintendo Emu

The Airbuds are from my Ipod Nano 7,

They have 3 Rings on the plug, whyle mee Bose IE 2 only had 2 Rings..

Booth work great on the Ipod..

Strange..
Compare the plugs side by side. You'll find that the ground section on the Bose IE 2 covers the area of both the ground and mic lines on the Apple airbuds.

I personally would avoid anything Apple. I don't like them from their business model, Ideology, and how they just come off as rude and snobby, and the occult like nature of the stores is down right creepy. I have some earbuds that have a standard 3 ring set up and they work fine with my computer headset 3 ring. They're a skull candy brand. They're pretty cheap .I wonder if they're the proper standard or the Ibastardized edition. My pandoras in the mail but when it comes i'll test it out to see.

Does a normal Headset Mic work "out of the box" onto the Pandora? Because my internal mic seems to be dead (never got it to work and I used the Wiki to try it step by step) and I wanted to try Mumble. Before I buy an Adapter (my Headset has 2 separate plugs) I just wanted to know if somebody had success with using mumble on the Pandora with an Headset? 

Never tried mumble,   but I have successfully recorded sound through a headset mic.  As long as the headset  follows the original standard for TRRS connectors instead of Apple's version it should work.

- Neelix

My skull candy and three prong plug of my usb headset both don't like my pandora. But they work fine with the computer. Weird.  :/ I really hope this trend doesn't continue

Yeah, so do Nokia phones and android phones and pretty much everyone these days.  The connector layout was standard when Pandora launched, but it's not any more, so I hope it gets fixed in the Pyra.

Yeah, so do Nokia phones and android phones and pretty much everyone these days.  The connector layout was standard when Pandora launched, but it's not any more, so I hope it gets fixed in the Pyra.
I hope it doesn't!

isuck2.png

Yeah, and the Pandora should come with twin CF card slots, none of these alternative standards like MMC or SD, and port the OS to BCPL, none of this 'C' rubbish.  USB? Pah, RS232 was first, and is more hackable therefore better.

I understand this dislike for Apple, but it's not just Apple any more.  The old standard failed, and the new standard reverses ground and mic.  We should follow the up-to-date standard, even if that will upset a few people with old-style headsets.  I'd suggest I'm quite typical in that I've only ever used headphones on my Pandora, but with the Pyra being a better connected device, getting a headset for it might make sense.  Almost any headset I buy today will support the current standard.

Back