Teenage Engineering on-ear headset with removable boom mic

Grench

Forum Addict!
Dogs ate my 'good' headset that I was using for the endless barrage of conference calls I have been on during this extended Work From Home saga. I went hunting for a replacement, found mostly overpriced junk. Then I stumbled on these:

At $80 they are not cheap. But - they sound awesome - I would put them up with any top end on-ear headphones I have had.
Yes, the ad copy all says that these are made for the Teenage Engineering OP synthesizers - in the fine print they say that they also work with phones.
The mic and connection cable are both standard 3.5mm TRSS connectors, so you can swap which sides the cord or mic are on.
Obviously, the boom mic is removable. There is a 2nd mic in the left earpiece that is usable without the boom mic, so you can still answer calls that way.
Speaking of calls - it does have a button on the left earpiece to answer calls, skip songs, adjust volume, etc.
The cable itself is just a standard 3.5mm male both ends TRSS patch cable. You might have a few lying around - it is a common connector to go from a PC sound port to speakers - and replacements are easy to find.
At first I was concerned they might be a bit flimsy - they weigh very little and are mostly plastic, though the headband spring is metal. I have used them heavily for a few months now and they have held up fine.

Thought I would share. Well designed products like these can be a pain to find these days.

ah... a new 80 dollar toy for your dog to chew on? Better be careful with the new ones. Look nice. go for it

Back