War in Ukraine

President Biden says a Russian invasion of Ukraine will happen in the next several days.
notthefirsttime.jpg

Hold your breath! Any day now!
Don't fall for the narrative. Look at things objectively.

But you are right; did you know the Russians are hiding their submarines in the ocean? /pol

Now, some wisdom:

2022-1776 = 246

You pick your conclusion. Mine is that this is a slight of hand, when the magician wants you to look at one hand while (s)he does something with the other hand. I'm scared of that that other hand will do. Something big is going to happen.

Last edited:
I dunno, @FBnil r/worldnews seems really committed to a Russian invasion of Ukraine. They have proof too: a video announcing an evacuation of Donbas today was recorded two days ago, according to its metadata.

According to Twitter, there’s been a large explosion in Luhansk in the last hour. It could be ‘go time’.

I dunno, @FBnil r/worldnews seems really committed to a Russian invasion of Ukraine. They have proof too: a video announcing an evacuation of Donbas today was recorded two days ago, according to its metadata.
Well, it seems I have to eat my words...convoy of lots of vehicles was spotted. It's almost "go" time... sad. Gotta buy groceries and fill my kitchen.

Yeah, according to Google, Russia has finally recognized the two breakaway states in Ukraine and is sending troops there. Maybe they’ll be satisfied with just Donbas, but I have no idea.

I hear some people saying Putin will go after all of Ukraine, then Moldova after that. I’m just hoping he isn’t planning an attack on NATO.

The problem with the US is that we have lots of nuclear offense, but not much nuclear defense, I think.

The problem with the US is that we have lots of nuclear offense, but not much nuclear defense, I think.
I think the only thing I can remember which could be classes as nuclear defence was Reagan's ill fated Star Wars programme, as it was penned by the press at least. I forget the official name these days.

So, it now appears Russia is invading all of Ukraine and not just Donbas. I hear the US is preparing some fresh sanctions for the daytime today.

As most people have noticed the war in Ukraine has escalated into a full blown invasion.
Due to this I think it deserves it's own topic, to spare the scattered post in different threads.

Just a couple of days ago Russia recognized a pro-Russian part of Ukraine as independent states, then placed military there.
Since today Russia attacked multiple Ukrainian cities and invaded some parts at the border.

2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.png

This will also impact the European markets, which includes Ed's shop and Pyra. The affects will be from a different scale then the exploding volcano we encountered in the past.
The Pyra is the least of the worries for Ukrainians obviously, but even if you don't live in Europe you'll probably feel the affects of this war.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rSl
Explicit images:

the shiny white things are flares (so that heatseeking missiles go after the flare and not the airplane).

There are Russians protesting against the war, however, it's not easy to protest:

Scarcity of goods, like gasoline. And you can get a maximum money at the ATM

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rSl
Here's the delicate thing:

This is a slow-war. A war that started by the west encroaching on Ukraine. Helping with the coup and regime-change. (in exchange for all the national gold)

and the orchestrated MH17 flight disaster.

Italy is already moving military equipment through Slovenia.

On Reddit, specifically on r/worldnews, they keep bringing up a book called “Foundations of Geopolitics”. Has anyone read it? Apparently it’s some sort of playbook for Russia to take over the world, and Putin has been following it.

Anyway, we did some more sanctions. Eat that, Putin.

On Reddit, specifically on r/worldnews, they keep bringing up a book called “Foundations of Geopolitics”. Has anyone read it? Apparently it’s some sort of playbook for Russia to take over the world, and Putin has been following it.

Anyway, we did some more sanctions. Eat that, Putin.
Wikipedia has a summary of the content, although that could be biased:

Back