War in Ukraine

I don't understand
The Ministry of Labour of Russia has requested 230,000 certificates for family members of deceased combat veterans and over 750,000 combat veteran certificates, which is several times more than before.
What is a "combat veteran certificate" ? a paper for a retired soldier ? or disabled soldier ? or any of both cases ?
And how many relatives of the same soldier can get certificates for family members?
These are just stationery orders, not issued certificates, but the increase is significant.
How can leaders send so many people to die ?

I don't understand

What is a "combat veteran certificate" ? a paper for a retired soldier ? or disabled soldier ? or any of both cases ?
And how many relatives of the same soldier can get certificates for family members?
These are just stationery orders, not issued certificates, but the increase is significant.
How can leaders send so many people to die ?
If I understood correctly it's indeed soldiers that are retired and some of them are now deceased.
The idea being they might be hiding their current losses in this group of retired soldiers group due to this major increase in requests.

Now it looks like Ukraine is not only waging war at home and in Russia, but it would be also attacking Wagner-related paramilitaries in Sudan, near Nile in the vicinity of the capital city.
Not sure I understand why. Either getting paid somehow by the Sudanese government, or disrupting Russia's income, or...?. But I thought any Ukranian special operatives had enough work at home...
They also say the Kremlin looks to have managed to control Wagner and Wagner keeps operating in Africa after the death of Prigozhin.

Back