GP2X Wanted: Homebrew Dev Who Needs A Gp2x

efegea said:
I don't have a GP2X, had to sell mine because lack of money. I'm currently developing a homebrew game and will develop it for the pc and then port it to GP2X (as I have had a GP2X I know more or less how to develop for it) and then call for betatesters. But development is hard without the actual device, and impossible to experiment without one. My actual project is a bit different from all what you have seen on the GP2X because instead of SDL, it uses opengl(gpu940) for 2D graphics (2D graphics should be fast, but again I need to test it on the real device) If not I will continue my castlevania game, but I have not graphic artists and I can't use the ripped sprites you can see on the youtube video... :( so instead of castlevania perhaps i'll do something similar but with graphics made by me...

I was also working on a 3D engine before I sold my gp2x, using gpu940. Didn't got any decent code working for show to you, althought in my youtube profile there is a short and very buggy video of what I got when I was learning 3D..

That castlevania game looked great. Hey, if you need to code a script to rip some sprites from a ROM before a user can play the game, what's the harm in that? Also never thought I'd hear of someone using gpu940 in just 2D mode, I wonder what that'd be like.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJWillis said:
Anes Lihovac said:
Sam Lantinga, the SDL Guy!
Not sure but I think Sam got given a unit. I know Paeryn is/was part of the SDL team these days.

Vilmos, does Open2x count as homebrew ;).

I never got one, but I also haven't heard from the GP2X SDL guys in a while. I wouldn't mind it if it's still available, but there's no rush.

See ya!
--Sam

Vilmos said:
The developer BOB is taken already by Parkydr. (I haven't sent it yet, I plan to ship stuff this Saturday)

DJWillis hasn't responded to my PM so I'm guessing he isn't really interested. That leaves the last two efegea and iprice. Since I have no good reason to pick one over the other I just flipped a coin and iprice won. (Sorry efegea!) So iprice send me your name and address by PM and I'll add it to the weekend's shipping.

So consider the stuff gone. I hope the future coding goes well.

All I need now is time to finish coding my own games! :lol:
This is really good of you. Thankyou. :D

Vilmos said:
DJWillis hasn't responded to my PM so I'm guessing he isn't really interested. That leaves the last two efegea and iprice. Since I have no good reason to pick one over the other I just flipped a coin and iprice won. (Sorry efegea!) So iprice send me your name and address by PM and I'll add it to the weekend's shipping.
Vilmos, I must have missed the PM (I seem to get so many) but in fairness I was only half serious anyway, iprice, congratulations, always good to have a new dev on board :D.

slouken said:
I never got one, but I also haven't heard from the GP2X SDL guys in a while. I wouldn't mind it if it's still available, but there's no rush.

See ya!
--Sam
Hi Sam, odd, I thought one of the suppliers was going to sort you out one.

Interested to know where we stand with SDL as I have a few old patches hanging around that I have been holding off putting into Open2x with the view that it was going 'official'. Drop me a mail if you think there is anything I can do to help.

Congratulations iprice :) now its time to return the favor releasing your game, it looks great

Damn coin........ :lol:

iprice said:
Cheers :)

With the bug reports it's receiving, it may be a bit longer than I expected :(
Note that I'm sending a F100 so you will still need help with touchscreen testing.

Should get to the post office tomorrow, we got 30cm of snow today so I'll wait until tomorrow for the roads to clear. :p

My game is intended to work on both F100 and F200 (with touchscreen support for the latter). keyboard/Dpad control is implemented already into the menus and puzzle editor. The main game is touchscreen only at the moment (supposed to be anyway :(), but it will allow Dpad too once complete.

So everyone will be able to play it on any GP2X - although play will obviously differ - I hope those that play it on an F200 will use only the touchscreen.

30cm of snow??!! If we get 3mm round our way everything grinds to a halt - we barely get any some years.

Thanks again :)

I mailed both items out today so you should see them in about 2 weeks. Sorry Canada Post is slow...that was the fast airmail option. :blink:

Please do let me know when you get the packages or I'll go and complain to the post office. :p

Hi Vilmos

Just a quick note to say that the GP2X has arrived :)

I've literally only just got home from work and found it on my mat, so I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

This is very much appreciated.

Ian

[EDIT] Just tried it and it appears to be working just fine :D Thankyou again.

Wow good speed, not even a week!

I am so jealous of the UK mail. I order something from the US and it takes 2-3 weeks to show up.

Ok now a programming storm! Oh actually probably a game playing frenzy first...gotta try out all the competition right? :p

Parkydr said:
Hi Vilmos,

The BOB's arrived :)

I haven't tried it yet as I'm still at work.

Many thanks,

Parky
Excellent! I hope you enjoy it, and get more use out of it than I do. Come to think of it I never used it so I hope it works at all. :eek:

Works fine :)

Had tv out, a mouse and a joystick working :)

Only problem is I've got no excuse for not making my apps joystick and tv out compatible :)

Back