GP2X Dev On Gp2x

Orion_

Website
onorisoft.free.fr
is there anyway actually to dev on gp2x ?
because after installing the gcc compiler for arm, how can you code for the gp2x ? is there any sdk ? where is the promised sdl ? is there at least a way to access the framebuffer ?

is there anyway actually to dev on gp2x ?
because after installing the gcc compiler for arm, how can you code for the gp2x ?

You use GCC-Arm-Linux to create linux application, and the plain old GCC-Arm-Elf (same as gp32, but with modified crt0.s/linkerscript/etc) to create HH apps.

is there any sdk ? where is the promised sdl ?

SDL has already been released. There's is a better version that has been released by the community. Check the Wiki.

is there at least a way to access the framebuffer ?

Yes, open /dev/fb/0 in Linux, or read the MMSP2 docs to see how to do it in HH mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
SDL has already been released. There's is a better version that has been released by the community. Check the Wiki.

???

Where? I can't find any reference to a different release on it on the wiki... :(

BTW, i'm asking that because i ALMOST managed to build a working arm-gcc but i still can't find a way to build SDL. Actually I'm not even sure about what SDL version I should build (i guess that does matters, since it will be statically included in the final binaries, so i'm trying with the ones from the open2x project...)

I attempted to build arm-elf today with MinGW...failed :(

If you want ARM-ELF under MinGW use DevKitARM (GP2X specs will go in it as more of the raw hardware stuff is tested out) ;).

If you want ARM-Linux under MinGW use DevKitGP2X (Best way to get started with GP2X development for now, libraries are being actively added (SDL, Media Libs etc. etc.)).

Trust me when I say there about as good as you can get and a LOT of blood, sweat and tears have gone into making them as easy to setup and use. ARM-Elf is not that hard to build under MinGW by hand however ARM-Linux with gLibC is VERY, VERY hard to do :).

Back