GP2X Wanted: Homebrew Dev Who Needs A Gp2x

Vilmos

Website
Visit site
I'd like to hear from a dev who is interested in creating a homebrew game for the GP2X but does not currently have one. I have a spare gp2x dev kit and it is a shame for it to go to waste.

Just out of interest are the dev kits just boards without cases and serial cables to hook up to the pc?

chris_r said:
Just out of interest are the dev kits just boards without cases and serial cables to hook up to the pc?
I'm not sure about official ones, but I've got an F100 Mk1, developer BOB and TV out cable that need a good home.

These are extras, I have another GP2X (F200) and have never bothered to plug in the BOB or tv out. I do all the development on a PC and then just cross-compile at the end.

Of course work is so crazy lately that I haven't been inspired to code at home at all. :(

WarmFluffyUK said:
That is incredibly good of you to do this.

VIRTUAL HUGS.

I hope the receiver of said console and software really does it justice!

Thanks! This is my good deed for the group. I hope it works, although there really isn't any pressure (or none intended), just opportunity for someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJWillis said:
Vilmos, does Open2x count as homebrew ;).

Hmm well I was hoping to entice someone new to code homebrew, but open2x is definitely worth having and yes it sounds like homebrew to me. I'll bet there is a lot of new content being written for it.

I don't have a GP2X, had to sell mine because lack of money. I'm currently developing a homebrew game and will develop it for the pc and then port it to GP2X (as I have had a GP2X I know more or less how to develop for it) and then call for betatesters. But development is hard without the actual device, and impossible to experiment without one. My actual project is a bit different from all what you have seen on the GP2X because instead of SDL, it uses opengl(gpu940) for 2D graphics (2D graphics should be fast, but again I need to test it on the real device) If not I will continue my castlevania game, but I have not graphic artists and I can't use the ripped sprites you can see on the youtube video... :( so instead of castlevania perhaps i'll do something similar but with graphics made by me...

I was also working on a 3D engine before I sold my gp2x, using gpu940. Didn't got any decent code working for show to you, althought in my youtube profile there is a short and very buggy video of what I got when I was learning 3D..

I don't know if the offer is still available, but I've been developing a game for the GP2X, without actually owning one. Development is near complete on an update of my B'lox! puzzle game and I've actually just requested assistance with testing in another thread - http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...view=getnewpost (contains info and actual screenies of game in action).

I've been devloping games (especially retro games) for years, on various platforms, but have only recently started developing for GP2X with GLBasic.

I've a host of retro styled games under my belt (in various languages), including ports of PacMan, RockRush (an accurate BoulderDash clone), Sorcery+, Defender, B'lox!, Easter Edition, Robocop Arcade (WIP), SokoBan, Shadow Of The Beast Demo, Balloonacy, Xmas Lemmings and many more. I've also done several original games, including a point and click called Off The Mortal Coil. I'm also a Mod over at RetroRemakes.

So if the offer still stands, and there are no other takers, then I'd be more than pleased to take it off your hands. :)

The developer BOB is taken already by Parkydr. (I haven't sent it yet, I plan to ship stuff this Saturday)

DJWillis hasn't responded to my PM so I'm guessing he isn't really interested. That leaves the last two efegea and iprice. Since I have no good reason to pick one over the other I just flipped a coin and iprice won. (Sorry efegea!) So iprice send me your name and address by PM and I'll add it to the weekend's shipping.

So consider the stuff gone. I hope the future coding goes well.

All I need now is time to finish coding my own games! :lol:

Back