Wanted: 512mb Ddr 400 Ram Module

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
I guess this goes here instead of the market place because this isn't GP32-related. What I'm looking for is exactly what the topic says, one 512mb DDR 400 RAM module.

I would prefer a trade, as I don't have much cash left after purchasing the rest of my system. If you'd be willing to swap for a Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus v2.0 motherboard, then we're set. If you're looking for something else, ask and I'll see if I have something that'll work, as I really need this RAM.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, DDR 400 is the same as PC3200.

Come on, isn't there somebody who wants to trade their RAM module for a never used motherboard? Well, almost never used anyway. I powered it up once to discover that I had a bad CPU. All it did was make a couple of clicks through the PC speaker, but it did control the heat sink fan and did turn off when I held down the power button for a few seconds, so I assume it's a working motherboard even though my CPU is dead (no surprise considering the rate of failures other CPU purchasers had that purchased from this guy - I though I might get lucky, but I didn't).

Like I said, other than that, it's never been used. It comes in a retail box with both CDs, and anti-static bag, manuals, cables, backplate, thermal paste, case decal, and all that stuff. I'll even include the heat sink (it's an Intel, but it'll work) if someone wants it, and the 256mb DDR 266 PC2100 RAM module that I have here (I really need the DDR 400 PC3200 512mb module for my new board).

And if you don't need a motherboard, perhaps something else? I have a fair amount of Laserdiscs here, and a bunch of other random stuff. Just ask, I may have what you're looking for.

jmetal88 posted on Dec 26 2006 at 08:31 PM said:
Come on, isn't there somebody who wants to trade their RAM module for a never used motherboard? Well, almost never used anyway. I powered it up once to discover that I had a bad CPU. All it did was make a couple of clicks through the PC speaker, but it did control the heat sink fan and did turn off when I held down the power button for a few seconds, so I assume it's a working motherboard even though my CPU is dead (no surprise considering the rate of failures other CPU purchasers had that purchased from this guy - I though I might get lucky, but I didn't).

Like I said, other than that, it's never been used. It comes in a retail box with both CDs, and anti-static bag, manuals, cables, backplate, thermal paste, case decal, and all that stuff. I'll even include the heat sink (it's an Intel, but it'll work) if someone wants it, and the 256mb DDR 266 PC2100 RAM module that I have here (I really need the DDR 400 PC3200 512mb module for my new board).

And if you don't need a motherboard, perhaps something else? I have a fair amount of Laserdiscs here, and a bunch of other random stuff. Just ask, I may have what you're looking for.
Jesus, just buy one, you are trying to trade some damn old RAM and a motherboard for some better RAM. Albeit still slow compared to mine. 512 of 400mhz shouldnt be that much now.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Dec 26 2006 at 02:48 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Dec 26 2006 at 08:31 PM said:

Jesus, just buy one, you are trying to trade some damn old RAM and a motherboard for some better RAM. Albeit still slow compared to mine. 512 of 400mhz shouldnt be that much now.

I can't just buy one, it's out of my budget! Anything is out of my budget except a tank of gas right now!

PC3200 RAM is £20 new, less on ebay for 256MB. It'll probably cost you £5+ to ship your motherboard, or other "random stuff".

When my G.Skill PC4000 RAM comes back from RMA, I might have a spare stick of PC3200, but I would prefer to keep it for my old "not used at the moment, but might be in the future" P4 2.53, as I'm thinking about using it as a server.

Squidge posted on Dec 26 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
PC3200 RAM is £20 new, less on ebay for 256MB. It'll probably cost you £5+ to ship your motherboard, or other "random stuff".

When my G.Skill PC4000 RAM comes back from RMA, I might have a spare stick of PC3200, but I would prefer to keep it for my old "not used at the moment, but might be in the future" P4 2.53, as I'm thinking about using it as a server.

See, you guys don't understand how strict my budget is. I have a small car, a tank of gas costs me about $22, ok? Cheapest I've found this memory for is $37.50. I cannot afford $37.50 until some time next month, and I'd like to be able to use my computer when the rest of the parts come in.

Oh, just forget it. Nobody wants a Socket A mobo anymore, and there's not a good chance of anybody wanting to trade a stick of RAM for anything. I'll just have to figure out where I can cut back from to go over budget without hurting anything I guess.

Back