Want An Import Psp But Don't Want To Pay High

bast525

Just a suggestion here... there are plenty of auction sites specifically for Japan that are just loaded with PSP auctions. I have spotted a few already where you can pick up a value pack for the yen equivalent of $240ish, and a regular pack for around $200. Not sure how hard it would be to get one of these people to ship out of the country... there's a good possibly it'd be hard to find one that spoke/read anything other than japanese, but for anyone who really wants one for close to actual retail, this may be a good option to look into. One Ebay-like website I found with lots of PSP's is www.bidders.co.jp.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw this out there.

EDIT: Crap... sorry mods... I meant to put this up in other consoles :(

I'd rather wait the 2 months before its released in the states and pay the $180 for it than pay $200 and freight. But i guess its all in where you live, plus i'm hoping that maybe they work out some kinks by the time its released in the US, like the flyind disc thing.

I'd rather wait the 2 months before its released in the states and pay the $180 for it than pay $200 and freight. But i guess its all in where you live, plus i'm hoping that maybe they work out some kinks by the time its released in the US, like the flyind disc thing.
Agreed. Also, when it comes out in the US, you can buy it at EBGames and get an ESA(Extended Service Agreement) for around $20. Got one with my DS and they'll replace it for free for a year if anything goes wrong with it. You can't beat that with a stick. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful buying from auctions as there is no guarantee on the unit, although sonys guarantee isn't really worth the paper its printed on anyway...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I plan on getting a PSP on launch (North American), but don't see much need to get one beforehand... too many uncertainties right now: region-free'ness, updates, quality of manufacture.

Two things I am pretty confident in though: I don't expect any price drops for it over the next year, and there will be some very nice software for it eventually. (I think same goes on both points for the DS).

Agreed. Also, when it comes out in the US, you can buy it at EBGames and get an ESA(Extended Service Agreement) for around $20. Got one with my DS and they'll replace it for free for a year if anything goes wrong with it. You can't beat that with a stick. ;)

lmao, they give that to ya for free in the UK

tis called the law

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I figured anyone who was gonna buy an import probably would have already, but just figured I'd mention it in case there were still any people out there who'd rather not wait.

By the way, the current 'word around the campfire' is that with the latest shipments, the Japanese units are much more problem free than the first batch. Think they've had like 4-5 shipments out already, so Sony have definately had time to respond to feedback and fix some of the usual problems.

Well just giving a heads up for anyone who's interested.

EDIT: as a sidenote, I may be selling my PSP value pack, if the price is right. Check my ad in Marketplace. The transmission on my wifes car just went out last night :angry: :( and we're still reeling from Xmas shopping a bit... might need to sell for some extra cash to pay for this.

Back