@*#&!!!! Someone Doesnt' Want Me To Have A Gp3

bast525

Well wtf......

I placed an order for a BLU from Lik Sang on friday. Everything seemed fine, all items were listed as in stock and it looked like I'd have my BLU within a week.

However, for three days now, the order has simply shown as being 'Order Recieved' since then. I figured it was due to it being the beginning of the weekend, but figured they were at least open on saturdays, so thought it odd they hadn't even charged me by now.

Well I just checked on my order again, and now it's all screwed up. First, for some reason, they are having some problem with my credit card, and want 'manual authorization'. I've NEVER had problems with my card before. So they want me to mail them a photocopy of my card and signature.

Okay... that's not SO bad, right? Just scan it and email it... not that big of a deal other than the fact it's delayed my order for 3 days now.

yeah well it WOULDN'T be that big of a deal, if I hadn't also noticed that in the order form the status of the BLU itself has now been changed to "Back Order, ships when stock arrives".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So now what?? Do I keep my order with them and just wait? Anyone have an idea if there is a 'usual' amount of time for them to restock things like this?

I was originally going to buy one from GBAx, but with the exchange rates being so crappy right now, the price from them was really high. From lik-sang, I was getting the BLU, a wireless multiplayer adapter, the Dungeon and Guarder game, a 128MB SMC, 6 in 1 card reader/writer, and even some screen protectors for my Nintendo DS, shipped via UPS 1-3 day shipping, for LESS than what I'd spend JUST getting a 166mhz modded BLU from GBAX with similiar shipping.

So I'm pissed. I've waited two years to get my hands on a GP and now I finally try to get one and these are my choices. Well guess I'll check Ebay but man I really dont like buying stuff on ebay (long long story). :angry: :angry: :angry:

EDIT: Checked ebay and there's barely anything GP32 there. Only one BLU for sale and that auction just started :(

Well, I can't say I know EXACTLY how you feel, but slightly how you feel. Not been waiting 2 years, only about 2 months, but my bank transfer is in limbo somewhere, and Lik-Sang automatically cancelled my order, as it was 10 days "waiting for payment". If my bank doesn't get on the ball and get the damn thing through there, I'll be kicking some long distance ass to the Head Office of the bank. I reactivated the order, but if what Bast says is true, then even when it gets there, I'll have to wait even longer. *Grumbles*

On the plus side, it'll already be paid for and the shipping is all sorted out, and all that's left is duty/taxes.

Be patient. I think Lik-Sang will get it all sorted out eventually.

This might have something to do with the recent problems people have been having with their BLUs recently purchased from Lik-Sang ( read: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=15992). If that is the reason for the delay, be happy that you don't have to go through the ordeal those unlucky people will have to. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I put an add in the marketplace here, asking if anyone wants to sell me a BLU.

Ebay is dead.

I may just bite the bullet and pay the extra to go with gbax. You can always earn more money right? And it IS Xmas......

I'm sure they have excellent reason to be out of stock, and it may just be that they're returning the in-stock units to be tested/fixed/refurbished, or what have you. I'm also sure the people with defective units are having proverbial cows right now and think they're right to be upset. I'm mostly frustrated at the inefficiency of the international Banking practices of my bank. I should be more patient though, you're right about that.

I found out about the GP32, and it was at my door less than 72 hours later :p

I emailed jr2swiss (gp32z.com)... hopefully he will get me out of this :D and can get a BLU into my hands by the end of the week somehow.

Too bad he's not doing the volt mod anymore or else he'd solve 100% of my problems right off the bad. ah well... an unmodded BLU is better than no BLU at all.

Hope he checks his emails often!

I do know almost exactly how you feel. I ordered my GP32 about a month before my birthday 2 years back. That would be in October. Didn't turn up until X-mas eve lol.

AFAIK there are just two "broken" units reported on this board. And I followed most GP32 boards for last three weeks or so. Having my BLU unit on the way to me, I am just keeping my fingers crossed :)

What seems to be a bit strange, there's no BLU units listed when you select Handhelds section on Liksang page. You have to search for BLU unit to get to its page with Temp. not available message.

I ordered my 166MHz BLU from GBAX just under two weeks ago. They were also out of stock but should be getting some more this week. I'm not angry though because I e-mailed them beforehand and they told me there were currently out of stock. However, I still placed my order and they e-mailed me back saying they are out of stock but should be getting shipments in a couple of weeks. They also asked if I would like to stick with the 166 BLU or change it to an unmodded one and get it now. I could also cancel if I wanted to. Excellent customer service at work there. :) I just hope I get my BLU before Christmas.

I quess he stopped doing the mods or something...

I'm glad I live in EU, I could direct my bank transfer directly to Lik Sang Europe. No hassle, the IBAN works perfectly. Still took some 5 days...
My GP32 *should* arrive next week, with any luck...

Left to be seen, whether I get sting by customs, or if the unit has that screen problem.

bast525 posted on Dec 6 2004 at 06:02 AM said:
I emailed jr2swiss (gp32z.com)... hopefully he will get me out of this  :D  and can get a BLU into my hands by the end of the week somehow.

Too bad he's not doing the volt mod anymore or else he'd solve 100% of my problems right off the bad. ah well... an unmodded BLU is better than no BLU at all.

Hope he checks his emails often!

don posted on Dec 6 2004 at 01:23 PM said:
No, he completely stopped selling GP32s.
It seems he didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had read he had stopped selling them as well, but went to check out gp32z.com and he still has listings for the GP32 and a lot of accesories. The only thing listed as out of stock were the modded BLU's. I HOPE he still has some left for sale... that's my last best chance for getting one any time soon. Lik Sang probably does have a defective shipment and I guess may not have more for a while.

*keepin fingers crossed*

Hmm, hope I get mine then. I did get an email from them saying it had been shipped last week sometime, so thats good. Now to hope that it doesn't have the defective screen...

You will pretty much always have problems ordering from Lik-Sang by credit card. For a hassle-free order, pay Lik-Sang using PayPal. That's the way I did it, and my GP32 arrived 4 days after payment. :)

Back