Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

good lord, 4 6-core AMD's? I have a single 4-core AMD in my machine, I'd love to upgrade to a 6-core .. wonder if I can .. so confused with all this Phenom2 socket stuff ..

masterofcomputers said:
dflemstr said:
I use Blender + LuxRender, but to start with it might be good to just stick to Blender.

There aren't really that many software stacks that support OpenCL/Cuda yet, but for 3D rendering, you don't need that necessarily; many renderers use normal graphics shaders to accelerate rendering and that's usually enough.

BTW, I use a Q6600 too, and I'll tell you that it usually isn't enough to have just one CPU. Using LuxRender, I connect to a network of 5 other PCs to split up the rendering for me, and my renders can still take up to 15 hours sometimes.

Oh my... Maybe thats what i should use the server in my basement for... It has 4 of those 6core AMDs in it. I hope the overclock i have helps. Its sitting at 5GHz right now..
What are the specs on the other PCs?
1x whatever my lean gateway server has (don't remember, but should be Core2 Duo... something)
2x Core2 Duos at 3.0 GHz
2x Pentium 4's at 3.2 GHz (yeah, lol. I use them for heating my house ;))
I'm not a professional 3D artist, nor do I render stuff very often, so a dedicated farm would be wasteful (us Swedes are obliged to think about the environment...). I just take the PCs lying around my house and connect them together as needed.

BTW, RAM doesn't matter; you'll never need more than let's say 2GiB of RAM for any rendering, and even then, you're able to swap (since a renderer won't need to access a whole scene at once, ever; it's rendered in portions)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Kerkythea for my renders, and 3dsmax for the modelling.

kerkythea is kinda slow, but it can give very good results.

I must admit that while I usually prefer to have a renderfarm comprised of all the computer in the house - while I'm stuck using DAZ Studio I'm using just a single Core 2 Duo PC :(

Hopefully this won't set off Stan's "bobble-head sense" TOO badly - but I feel it's a little better with the Pandora text and a bit of a glow, myself. Hopefully accentuating the toonish/unreal aspects.

1z2h8nl.png

Ta

Tripmonkey_uk said:
torpor said:
Pan down pan down pan down!
I think we should all club together and get Torpor a prostitute for xmas. He seems in dire need of some stress release :lol:
A night out clubbing in your home town should do the trick, cheaper as well :p

torpor said:
Pan down pan down pan down!

Working on it. Has to be in context.

Japa said:
still looks..... creepy.....

Yup! Would possibly look less creepy if I used a toonier surface for her skin, and/or did a cel style render.

Monk said:
Yup! Would possibly look less creepy if I used a tonnier surface for her skin, and/or did a cel style render.
Black hair, black lipstick, and the Pandora logo cut in the forehead, would look perfect.

mali said:
Monk said:
Yup! Would possibly look less creepy if I used a tonnier surface for her skin, and/or did a cel style render.
Black hair, black lipstick, and the Pandora logo cut in the forehead, would look perfect.

I was thinking of a Pandora logo tattoo on her shoulder, actually? But the hair and lipstick would probably go well with it, I reckon. I want to do some of the other things I've been thinking about though if I can - like a monster stepping out of a Pandora screen, if I get the chance/time.

Monk said:
I was thinking of a Pandora logo tattoo on her shoulder, actually? But the hair and lipstick would probably go well with it, I reckon.
Yeah, a gothic girl Pandora mascot, great idea :D

dflemstr said:
Continuing the trend.
http://pandorawalls.dyndns.org/node/18

As I've said, there aren't many images in this thread that I don't like but ooh, I like that one :)

GizmoTheGreen said:
Monk said:
[semi hot image]

Nice, just need a more "anime-ish~" chick...

I could do that, if it's actually wanted? I have a bunch of stuff I want to do but could probably fit that change in somewhere along the way.

Back