Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

I think that she should be wearing a suit of armor, that'd be pretty cool.
And I'm not in favor of any... less than appropriate renders.

I like the pandora playing girl, sex sells :p
meybe she is too sexy, if you are plying in the puplik quake 3, you must change the wallpaper..

thats because our countrys are very diverent:

germanie : violents in games: big problem, sex and nacked breast: no problem
USA: sex and nacked breasts: big problem, violents in games: no problem.. :lol:

matzesu said:
meybe she is too sexy, if you are plying in the puplik quake 3, you must change the wallpaper..

Canada: Boobies and bombs? Why would that be a problem? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
matzesu said:

Quake girl, that would be cool, wonder how you could make the one where she's looking at the Pandora with something behind her look Quakeish?

Yeah, here in the US nudity is frowned upon. I feel more comfortable watching people getting blown up a blood splattered everywhere in public that I do nudity, funny it is.

Germany has the whole Holocaust/Nazi thing in it's past so violence is bad. I'm not sure why nudity as a whole is bad in the US, maybe because of the Pilgrims?

EDIT: Wait, I meant violence in video games/other media. I would be more freaked out watching people really get blown up with blood splattering everywhere than I would so streakers or something.

second exodous said:
Quake girl, that would be cool, wonder how you could make the one where she's looking at the Pandora with something behind her look Quakeish?
If there weren't the copyright issue, the shambler behind her
shambler.jpg

and the first weapon of the original Quake, the Ax tied across her shoulders and a female version of a Quake armor, would look cool.

I don't like watching people get their heads blown off either.
I wouldn't have a problem with nudity if it weren't for what it implies, really. When people think nude, they think of... you get the idea :p .
As for anything inappropriate, it doesn't belong in the same store as everything else.

dflemstr said:
nikkopt said:
What renderer did you use and what time did it took to finish?
:)
Looks like yafaray or lux, but I'm not sure obviously.

It looks like anything to me :p . Almost no AA, simple raytrace reflections (and fuzzy because they lack AA), lighting has too much noise due to simple radiosity. :p

I'm just curious to know what time it took him to render the pic and in what engine because i'm testing caustics and radiosity aswell. ;)

OK, a few responses.

The number of images/per day are limited mostly by an attempt at some quality (personally my favourite so far is the girl playing with the Pandora) combined with time issues - these renders can take a Looong time! So it's hard (read:impossible) for me to graphically do what I'd like to AND respond quickly. At picture sI am sloooow :(

Girl with clothes - check. I'll seriously look into some changes like armour or something. Will see what takes my fancy as I work on it.

Girl with more oriental flavour - check. Already on the list of "todo", not necessarily as a replacement for an existing image but as a new one.

More dragons - double check. I'm actually doing a test render at the moment. I am reluctant to flood the thread with constant WIP images though - I feel I've done THAT enough already just getting to this point with the girlie images. It's quite likely that any image could see an improvement almost at random as things occur to me, or as planned test prove fruitful.

Monsters.... beyond dragons... oh yessss....

Monk said:
I am reluctant to flood the thread with constant WIP images though - I feel I've done THAT enough already just getting to this point with the girlie images.
Why not start a new thread?

Monk said:
OK, a few responses.

The number of images/per day are limited mostly by an attempt at some quality (personally my favourite so far is the girl playing with the Pandora) combined with time issues - these renders can take a Looong time! So it's hard (read:impossible) for me to graphically do what I'd like to AND respond quickly. At picture sI am sloooow :(

Girl with clothes - check. I'll seriously look into some changes like armour or something. Will see what takes my fancy as I work on it.

Girl with more oriental flavour - check. Already on the list of "todo", not necessarily as a replacement for an existing image but as a new one.

More dragons - double check. I'm actually doing a test render at the moment. I am reluctant to flood the thread with constant WIP images though - I feel I've done THAT enough already just getting to this point with the girlie images. It's quite likely that any image could see an improvement almost at random as things occur to me, or as planned test prove fruitful.

What software do you use? I'm just interested, I'm in no way an artist of any kind. Good job though, I really like how she's turning out.

To actually fill this thread with some more images (there's been a certain lack of those the last page or so)

http://pandorawalls.dyndns.org/node/22

I'm not proud of this one so I won't even give a preview. My renderer failed miserably somehow, introducing vertical noise lines in the image.

WizardStan said:
Monk said:
I am reluctant to flood the thread with constant WIP images though - I feel I've done THAT enough already just getting to this point with the girlie images.
Why not start a new thread?

I have, with mixed feelings. I'd generally rather be less conspicuous but I DO like the Pandora, games, and graphics. So this is an area that's fun for me.

I've started a WIP thread at:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50632-wallpaper-wips/page__view__findpost__p__778749

to avoid flooding here even more. All welcome.

second exodous said:
Monk said:
What software do you use? I'm just interested, I'm in no way an artist of any kind. Good job though, I really like how she's turning out.

It varies a lot, partly because my 3D computer has been "in the shop" for a while and I've had a series of computer calamities preceeding that... so I have had only a subset of my normal range available for quite a while now, but also because I tend to use different tools for different tasks. I was recently using Cinema4D V6 for creating very low poly 3D vector game elements because I quite like the way Cinema4D V6 edits simple meshes. It drove me nuts trying to produce a halfway decent 3D representation of the Pandora logo though because of various issues (the best I could do was a bunch of spheres and cylinders hacked together in a quite unconvincing way).

What you've seen of me in terms of rendering has been done using "DAZ Studio" (free from daz3d.com) - although the last couple of renders have used some commercial plugins so are not as free as, say, Blender.

I'm quite fond of Poser because of its simplicity, and although copies have been free from time to time AFAIK it's $$ only at present. I've got my little notebook upstairs trying to produce the next dragon WIP image using Poser even as we speak.

Vue - again I'm a couple of versions behind and really not that familiar with it, having not put in the time, but I HAVE Vue 6 Infinite and it's really quite amazing. LightWave I struggled to get to grips with for half an hour and haven't given it the time to win me over since, and Hexagon I've tinkered with a few times and liked but need to sit down and spend more time with.

For UV Mapping I tend to use an old copy of UV Mapper Pro that I have - but I wouldn't recommend it because I found that I disliked the business practices of the author.

Other misc tools for various things that I haven't shown here anyway, so probably bored you half to death already!

Back