Release Visualboyadvance

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.suhami.net/ez/%3Fpage_id%3D7&ei=T9rDS9bzHcu4rAfvj-GlCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBQQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgpsp%2Bzaurus%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsa fari%26rls%3Den

GPSP needed a slight overclock on the Wiz, about 575/600mhz for fullspeed if I recall correctly.

TitanUranus said:
GPSP needed a slight overclock on the Wiz, about 575/600mhz for fullspeed if I recall correctly.
Funny, I can play most games with GPSP nearly full speed at 266MHz at my old GP2X. :D
Wasn't GPSP onto the WIZ optimized?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mother 3, English Patched, and whit awesome controlls, because my gamepad dont work on my linux pc..,

And Kirby, and Dragonball Advance, yeah that is going to bee great

i want my pandora.. :unsure:

This is good because I think I lost my original Golden Sun cartridge.
I still have Lost Age, but playing them both on a full computer instead of the crippled GBA / NDS will be excellent.

fusion_power said:
Funny, I can play most games with GPSP nearly full speed at 266MHz at my old GP2X. :D

Wiz sucks ;p (sorta, I just mean clock for clock it's not like GP2X)

Also gpSP uses a little more time for the soft scaling that wasn't in the older GP2X versions.

Exophase said:
fusion_power said:

Also gpSP uses a little more time for the soft scaling that wasn't in the older GP2X versions.
Uh, sorry I forgot that I played the games with gpsp UNSCALED 1:1 image onto the GP2X. ^^"""""
Looks a little bit tiny but accurate and clear. the scaler can't do clean 2:1 beacuse of only 320x240 GP2X screen. It looks really ugly when strechting the GBA image to fit the GP2X screen.

Of course this will change onto the great Pandora screen where clean 3:1 fullscreen is possible :) (I hope the LCD can do this straight in hardware without performance loss)

Wow. That 3X scaling looks sweet.

I haven't had much to do with the GBA, but I'm looking forward to playing my kids' GBA games in front of them on a (relatively) huge screen, just to spite them. :D

fusion_power said:
Exophase said:
fusion_power said:

Uh, sorry I forgot that I played the games with gpsp UNSCALED 1:1 image onto the GP2X. ^^"""""
Looks a little bit tiny but accurate and clear. the scaler can't do clean 2:1 beacuse of only 320x240 GP2X screen. It looks really ugly when strechting the GBA image to fit the GP2X screen.

Of course this will change onto the great Pandora screen where clean 3:1 fullscreen is possible :) (I hope the LCD can do this straight in hardware without performance loss)
I am no coder but I think integer scaling is pretty cheap as far as CPU. For every game pixel it just turns on 3 Pandora pixels. It is the fractional that probably takes more (looks ugly too) and filtering is the most CPU heavy obviously.

DaveC said:
I am no coder but I think integer scaling is pretty cheap as far as CPU. For every game pixel it just turns on 3 Pandora pixels. It is the fractional that probably takes more (looks ugly too) and filtering is the most CPU heavy obviously.

No it isn't that cheap, it's pretty bandwidth heavy, which can be devestating on Pandora. Not saying it'll kill everything but you even a really properly written scaler would probably take at least 1-2ms per frame. Also you meant 9 Pandora pixels, not 3.

Exophase said:
DaveC said:

No it isn't that cheap, it's pretty bandwidth heavy, which can be devestating on Pandora. Not saying it'll kill everything but you even a really properly written scaler would probably take at least 1-2ms per frame. Also you meant 9 Pandora pixels, not 3.
Devastating on Pandora? Howcome, is the hardware that bad? :unsure:

DaveC said:
Devastating on Pandora? Howcome, is the hardware that bad? :unsure:

The latency to main RAM just isn't very good. If you stream writes and circumvent L2 cache then it's not that bad, though.

Back