Visual Novels

crimsonnight

The thing i most love about the Gp2X are the visual novels, I loved 'narcissu' and 'a midsummers renaissance' both the 'plainsongs (ulta)' where good. But can someone please recommend some more to me? preferably the same style as the ones above. thanks ^_^

I've only read Narcissu so far (I'm waiting to read the others until I actually get my gp2x), but if you tried out all the ones in the visual novel gp2x archive, you can wait for the Al|Together (http://at2006.haeleth.net/) contest to end.

I asume the Insani team will 'port' those releases to the gp2x too. :)

Oh, another really good visual novel is Planetarian, released By Key (of Air and Kanon fame) and translated by the Insani team. But it's not available for the gp2x.

Still, check it out. While not as good as Narcissu it's still an amazing story. :)

Draken posted on Aug 13 2006 at 03:10 PM said:

Why should they? They didn't port the last ones ;)
I changed them to be readable on the gp2x... and you can be sure I'll change them, too :)

Oh, another really good visual novel is Planetarian, released By Key (of Air and Kanon fame) and translated by the Insani team. But it's not available for the gp2x.

Oh, there's new stuff? Gonna look and change them when I have some time :)

Last edited:
Draken posted on Aug 13 2006 at 02:10 PM said:
I've only read Narcissu so far (I'm waiting to read the others until I actually get my gp2x), but if you tried out all the ones in the visual novel gp2x archive, you can wait for the Al|Together (http://at2006.haeleth.net/) contest to end.

Still, check it out. While not as good as Narcissu it's still an amazing story. :)

Wow, I checked out that site and thats where they come from. Out of the list from last year the ones which weren't ported were 'until we meet again', 'the poor little bird', 'i too saw dreams through the air' and 'io'. Why weren't these ported, did they suck? They look pretty good.... If somebody could please port them it would be amazing ^_^

Also does anyone know if there is an easy-to-use visual novel maker, cause I have written a few stories and I would love to turn them into visual novels....

(thanks for ur help so far btw :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon posted on Aug 13 2006 at 04:31 PM said:
I changed them to be readable on the gp2x... and you can be sure I'll change them, too :)

Oh, right. I was confused by all the subtle hints given on their side. (Seung Park nicknamed Gamepark, mention of obscure korean handhelds, etc) :)

Great and thanks. :D

I forgot to mention Planetarian is shareware (1000 yen) though... (although it's worth the money)

@crimsonnight: While I haven't used it myself, nscripter could be used for it. IIRC OrR made a small, unfinished visual novel with it. Link I think is www.nscripter.insani.org

Draken posted on Aug 14 2006 at 12:05 AM said:
EvilDragon posted on Aug 13 2006 at 04:31 PM said:

Oh, right. I was confused by all the subtle hints given on their side. (Seung Park nicknamed Gamepark, mention of obscure korean handhelds, etc) :)

Great and thanks. :D

I forgot to mention Planetarian is shareware (1000 yen) though... (although it's worth the money)

@crimsonnight: While I haven't used it myself, nscripter could be used for it. IIRC OrR made a small, unfinished visual novel with it. Link I think is www.nscripter.insani.org

Thanks for the link, but in the time between your reply I downloaded 'blade engine' and have started studying how to use that, so far its pretty good. I am currently searching for an artist to do the character art for me. If you can think of anyway to help me with my search (e.g. recommend a forum to post my request in) that would be great; ty again ^_^

This probably belongs in help section, but how do I view graphic novels (I only obtained my GP32 two days ago)? Downloaded Narcissu and very keen to check it (or any other graphic novel) out?

Much appreciated,

Mike Rosenberg posted on Aug 20 2006 at 01:22 AM said:
This probably belongs in help section, but how do I view graphic novels (I only obtained my GP32 two days ago)? Downloaded Narcissu and very keen to check it (or any other graphic novel) out?

Much appreciated,

Well, I hope you meant gp2x, as the GP32 doesn't play the gp2x stuff.
The novels found in the archive can be run like any other game you download :)

Last edited:
Just for everyone's information ( :p ), Insani finished 5 works for the Al|Together 'festival'.

Adagio, At Summer's End, Instant Death!, Panda Samurai, OMGWTFOTL, Visions from the Other Side (<- looks to be an interesting piece)

Back