Virus On Gp2x.com

Samba Pa Ti

Many Mooses Live In The Fields \o/
Website
dinkykitty.com
the other day (when the forums were down) i decided to go and see if the .co.uk site was down too (i know now they are not connected) but accidentally went to gp2x.com and got a virus from one of the pictures.

the file was called : 7517p[1].jpg
the virus : TROJ_ANICMOO.AX

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyc...TROJ_ANICMOO.AX

anyone else notice this or was it just me ? im wondering why theres a virus on there :/

Also i dont know if the virus is still there, (im not going to check) just thought i would mention somthing since i forget to the other day

edit

i just checked the source using googles cache and it doesnt seem to have a single jpg file in it apart from main.jpg , maybe the site was hacked but i definately got that file (7517[1].jpg) from gp2x.com (it popped up again after i had refreshed the browser)

Ya I noticed that, and I dont think it is the first time they got infected, luckily I had my AntiVirus and Firewall active at that time, I aint going there soon, because my Antivirus license has expired recently.

Ya you are 100% right, the problem is that their English speaking admin only shows up to answer noob questions that everyone knows, if only GPH were a little bit helpful and started communicating with us, I think everybody would gain alot.

sehs33 said:
Ya I noticed that, and I dont think it is the first time they got infected, luckily I had my AntiVirus and Firewall active at that time, I aint going there soon, because my Antivirus license has expired recently.
You don't have AVG? It's free, and from the latest statistics, also the best out there :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
sehs33 said:
You don't have AVG? It's free, and from the latest statistics, also the best out there :D

AVG is not the best virus checker, although it is good.

no way, avg is free but it's statistically not the best by far. Bit Defender is the top antivirus engine atm. I have used avg for quite a few years and I am not impressed with it's features. i have accumulated a huge library of spyware and virii using avg and it didn't help at all nor did it even detect most of them. I had to use several programs in addition.

That's just trash, and they no longer have any competition now that GP's gone :-/

xnopasaranx said:
no way, avg is free but it's statistically not the best by far. Bit Defender is the top antivirus engine atm. I have used avg for quite a few years and I am not impressed with it's features. i have accumulated a huge library of spyware and virii using avg and it didn't help at all nor did it even detect most of them. I had to use several programs in addition.
Hmm, that's odd, because AVG Free has detected every virus I've ever got, as well as one which was actually on my Linux partition under WINE's virtual C drive. As for spyware, AVG is not an antispyware app.

nickspoon said:
Hmm, that's odd, because AVG Free has detected every virus I've ever got, as well as one which was actually on my Linux partition under WINE's virtual C drive. As for spyware, AVG is not an antispyware app.
they do make an anti spyware program now though and its rather good http://free.grisoft.com/doc/20/lng/us/tpl/v5

OOOH and i just ordered a GP2X ac adapter after much time waiting (took advantage of the 20% off deal on play-asia) : )

German nihilists have haxx0red the website again eh.

Back