Virtualbox Gp32 Development Environment

kidchaos2k6

Still Fresh
Hi there,

The idea popped in my mind and im gonna work fast on it before extending too much.

What do you think about creating a sandbox development environment for the Gp32 using some virtualization tools? My experience on development has been a bit sad as i arrived quite late at the scene and used to have several problems setting a fine development environment matching with several versions of compilers and libs scattered from the web and that seems almost disappear now... But i think is a pity that the Gp dust off while there are lots of SDL ports that i think would be possible to achieve with few effort if the environment could be set right... Also i think it could be extensible to creating similar environments when talking about other open system (Dreamcast, gp2x, cannoo,....)

Im gonna try now quickly to set a linux Devkitarm environemt and post some results if im able to do it...

Hope to hear some recommendations: Which tiny distros would you recommend, are there still libraries available which could be gathered in one unique environment...

Regards!!

Back