Pandora Pandora Debugging Environment

gmiller1018

Website
Visit site
I see lots of help on the compilers and other tools but I was looking for more specific information on the debugging environment. Since we have a Wifi set-up I assume I can do a remote debugging session over the network since that is there. But I did not see anything in the USB documentation that would infer that we could use the USB for "network" like we could in the GP2X F100. The video's on uTube seem to show an environment that would imply a fairly sophisticated set-up so I would like some further information or at least be redirected to where I can get it. Since we have a USB I assume I could plug in a USB serial adapter and use that to debug in places where the wireless is unavailable or impractical.

USB Network is a simple matter of compiling the gadget driver, then you'll be able to debug over Wifi, USB, or serial using GDB. Like on the GP2X, you can run GDB on the device and then run a full debugger frontend such as DDD on your PC if you wish.

Usbnet ftw :) I found it problematic to get working under windows (xp sp3 and vista, earlier was ok), but trivial in freebsd and Linux.

Jeff

Gary Miller said:
The video's on uTube seem to show an environment that would imply a fairly sophisticated set-up so I would like some further information or at least be redirected to where I can get it.

The setups are actually pretty simple, maybe they look complicated since most of the setups are naked. All of my stuff im using a dev board that breaks out the serial lines for regular serial communication. Like the others said you can use usb networking, you could use wifi like you thought. Pandora even could be used itself for debugging, with the larger screen and keyboard (or even better tv out/usb controls). Really there are no limits to the options I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back