Caanoo-Write: A Text Editor For Caanoo V1.1.0

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
caanoo-write.jpg

Hi All,

Here is Caanoo-Write a text editor for the Caanoo. It permits to edit even huge text file,
in both dos and unix mode, using iso8859-1 (8bits) characters encoding.
All iso8859-1 characters are present in the "Danzeff like" virtual keyboard.

Background images have been designed by Gruso (many thanks to him).
This version supports the Touch screen, for both menus and virtual keyboard.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

on my blog

Enjoy,

Zx

sweet! getting kinda frusterated pluggin in/unplugging usb/sd card to modify .ini files etc... test.. rince, wash, repeat

This is a caanoo version, but a wiz version is also available on my blog

EDIT:

chris said:
it would be great, if you move the texts on screen to the right, like you did in the 2600 emulator, otherwise, they are partially hidden by the bezel.

You may just change/reduce the default width & height in the settings and it should work

Last edited by a moderator:
zx-81 said:
chris said:
it would be great, if you move the texts on screen to the right, like you did in the 2600 emulator, otherwise, they are partially hidden by the bezel.

You may just change/reduce the default width & height in the settings and it should work

Thanks ZX for the prompt answer :) Changing it to 50 and 20 did the trick.

I think that USB keyboard support should be added for this program. I don't know about anyone else, but my typing is a hundred times faster and more accurate with a keyboard than with a touch screen or a joystick and buttons. It would also be great for working without bringing one's laptop around; all one needs to bring is one's Caanoo and a compact keyboard.

you can still use caanoo-termlua2x and a simple text editor such as vi ... i do plan to add the usb keyboard to dingoo-write, but i have to find the time to do it. I though that there were a simple text editor available with QT, that's why i didn't do anything up to now ...

zx-81 said:
you can still use caanoo-termlua2x and a simple text editor such as vi ... i do plan to add the usb keyboard to dingoo-write, but i have to find the time to do it. I though that there were a simple text editor available with QT, that's why i didn't do anything up to now ...
Thanks; I forgot that I could run a text editor in termula2x. I was thinking... it would be nice to have a full-on word processor similar to openoffice or abiword something.

Back