Viewing Manga

OmarNawaz

hiya

anyone working on porting a better jpg viewer one that supports zooming in and scrolling i want to read some comics and mangas on my gp2x

thanks

it'd be nice to see. Something along the lines of the PSP photo viewer with speed and a real times zoom, but better. The Problem with the PSP version is the picture alwas needs to do multiple passes to raise the resolution as you scroll through images and sometimes it will not fully render a page.

PSP has a great program for viewing comics and manga called PEP Viewer...It would be great to have something like this on GP2X

Okay, I got in contact with the author of PEP viewer, waiting on a response (on wether or not we can pinch the source). According to this page PEP viewer 0.3 (not the latest)) PEP viewer runs on SDL. So, yipee! Unfortunately it also appears that it's a little limited in the viewing department, according to the author he rescales his images to 900 x 900 (!) but maybe we can fix that.

Allan.

actually, I've been working on one of these the past few days. So far, I have a rudimentary file selector with help from the src code from unity. You can scroll through all picture files in the selected directory, and zoom in and out as well as rotate the pictures if you want to read in a different orientation. For the past 2 days, I've been stuck on trying to use the zlib library so that you can just open zip files without having to decompress them in the filesystem. I know DrMDx does this, but I can't seem to find the sourcecode for it, so I've been looking on the net at how other people use zlib.

Right now, the program isn't perfect. I think the filesystem on the card can get corrupted sometimes, and directories are listed as files. My solution for this was just deleting the directory, and copying it back again from my computer. Also, there seems to be an issue rotating .bmp files. I can rotate jpgs fine, but bmp's crash my program.

If people are interested, send me a PM, and I can send you what I have so far.

Back