Video Editing

Same reason some people just can't stop cheering for their losing team: it used to be great, steadily got worse, and now you're just sticking around hoping for that one extra touchdown... maybe next season.

I've actually been using Chromium a bit more than Firefox recently because of the speed, but there are definitely things I don't like about it - the way it doesn't show page titles if you have a lot of tabs, the way it doesn't render the bandwidth graphs on my router status page, the way the address bar works (I know some people dislike the Awesome Bar on firefox, but after using it for a while, I like it a lot, and I don't like the "use Google searches" thing that Chromium does.

That's just off the top of my head, and I haven't been using it long...

craigix said:
It does run well, it just needs 500-600mhz and a whole load of RAM. I just can't get my head around why it requires so much ram and cpu speed. What is it doing with it all? It is frustrating because I know it should not be like that, there must just be some very lazy programming inside it, or it is simply made by people who want to meet some absurd programming standards which result in degraded performance.

I'm thinking of writing a very simple, Webkit-only browser in Python to fix the need.

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
I'm thinking of writing a very simple, Webkit-only browser in Python to fix the need.

How is that going to help?

No offense, but Python or XUL... not much difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about XUL, and by embedding WebKit in a python app, you're effectively just running compiled C++ code anyway and it won't make any difference in performance what-so-ever. WebKitGtk is awesome for embedding easily btw. I wrote a browser in Vala with something like 8 lines of code (no features of course, just a WebKitGtk window)

Back