Video Disk Emulation

I'm thinking of giving it a go myself. Hopefully I'll get enough free time tonight to pull together an SDK (seems to be the least documented excersize :()

I'll have do look into using Divx or Xvid as the video format. Maybe at a lower resolution or lower frame rate?

Dragon's Lair would be sick on GP32!

this would indeed be a great emulator for GP32... along the likes of SCUMMVM and Sarien... IE not many games added, but quality, and just kinda cool :)

That's an awesome idea :) I wish it'll be possible! it would give us these awesome arcade games handled for the first time ;p

Ok, here's all of the things you should consider modifying to improve your mpeg DAPHNE performance starting in order of their importance.

1. Get a faster CPU. An Athlon 800 should give almost perfect performance (no dropped frames). Some games need a faster CPU than others.

Ok, here's all of the things you should consider modifying to improve your mpeg DAPHNE performance starting in order of their importance.

1. Get a faster CPU. An Athlon 800 should give almost perfect performance (no dropped frames). Some games need a faster CPU than others.

Huh? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
jcabrer posted on Apr 8 2005 at 07:34 PM said:
I'll have do look into using Divx or Xvid as the video format. Maybe at a lower resolution or lower frame rate?

Divx audio takes a lot of CPU to decode, so it might not be appropriate for the GP32, at least not in realtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back