Video Challenger Anyoen Remember It ?

CABBAGES

Website
Visit site
Hi :) does anyoen remember the video challenger videos ? I found some of th evideso in the cupboard today but i think the gun must be in the bin ages ago :(.

Heres a VIDEO of the actual video i found today!

Last edited by a moderator:
The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process

Works for me.

How exactly do you play the game? If it is a tape you just put in the VCR then all the work must actually be done in the gun you speak of. So basically it is a lightgun game without an extra console, is that right?

thats right ! the gun had a LED display and you got points for shooting things and lost points if the gun was pointing at teh screen when they shoot. I found the space one too and im sure i had a teenage mutant hero turtles one too. I wish i coudl find the gun!

i had somethin very similar to this called 'captain power and the soldiers of the future' or somethin, it was a spaceship (with handle and trigger, like a gun i guess) with a plastic figure in the cockpit, put the video in, it started with some live action crap about you have to save the planet then it was an animated piece about 40 mins long, now i think it was very japanese anime style animation, some parts of the animated enemy ships were a flickery orange colour, you shot at these parts, but when they shot at you it was a flickery yellow, after so many hits the figure would be ejected from the cockpit, it was crap.

........................edit....................

this is it!!

a show in the us apparently, but i got it from in the uk.
Cp-powerjet.jpg

I had that same Captain Power toy! And yes, the "shoot at the TV" part was gay as hell, but the show was actually pretty good, considering it was a children's show. I downloaded a bunch of episodes and it holds up better than a lot of other shows that 20-somethings get nostalgic about.

Back