Mario Bros. (Original) on SNES?

rError

I met up with a childhood friend of mine today and we started talking about video games from when we were kids. Our discussion pretty much revolved around the SNES and how it revolutionized (in our eyes as kids) video games as a whole.

We were discussing how we use to hookup his SNES to his grandma's old (1970s) TV and play "tag" in the original Mario Bros. but we couldn't remember what cartridge included Mario Bros. We are pretty sure we weren't using a Gameboy adapter, it was on an SNES cartridge. We looked up the game and wikipedia and mario wiki but we cannot find which SNES game included the Original Mario Bros.

Does anyone know what SNES game includes Mario Bros.? Or are we going crazy lol?

Thanks

resized_2afeb7649d5eec88bd278bd39bcc11eb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know, but I can tell you Super Mario All-Stars was the SNES remakes of the other classic NES Super Mario Brother games.

^ Yep, All-stars include the original Mario Bros. arcade game with improved graphics.

That's the one, yes.

When there are 2 players, a few small games are available IIRC, one of them is Mario Bros. arcade.

Heheh, I remember that Super Mario 3 thing. In two player mode, if both players are on the same square and EITHER player hits the 'A' button then it enters battle mode. The winner of the battle becomes the new active player. What this means is that if player 1 is active and moves over top of player 2, and player 2 hits the 'A' button and wins the battle, player 1 loses his turn and player 2 gets to play the next level. My sister hated me so much when we played, it was great. :D

With my brother and I NES controllers became flails of bruising pain when we fought over turns and such. Amazing all those controllers still work to this day.

Back