GP2X Video Based On Gp2x Basic Programming

Hmm I don't know how reasonable this idea is. Even a simple game like Pong takes a bit to code up from scratch. The video would probably have to be done in parts... Most devs would rather crack on with devving rather than devving and considering a video recording...

You could probably just find an SDL tutorial of some kind after getting all the dev tools set up. Otherwise, getting the toolchain set up properly would probably take the better part of a half hour to film and explain. :(

This might not be such a bad idea. For many would-be programmers, the first steps are usually the hardest, and learning from a video works much better IMHO than reading a tutorial. You actually get to see how every little detail of every step goes, instead of blindly following a step-by-step set of instructions. Usually after reading a tutorial you still don't know quite how things work.

You would get something sort of like what the people at 3D Buzz are making. These instruction videos are very clear and helpful, and they're really interesting to follow. It does take a fair amount of advance planning though and someone brave enough to record his or her own voice.

Two Words: Video Professor

Write to video professor and ask if they would make videos on programming.

-Kensupen

I love the input guys, in campus the computer science department is going downhill fast, next semester im going for computer programming club president, hopefully getting people active in programming.. My two previous clubs ((It-Certification & Robotics club)) are the two top clubs getting the most active members. For every succesfull club I make, campus pays for my certification test. A+ Software & Hardware is payed for, this club is my ticket for payed N+ certification..

Read the wiki on how to setup Code::Blocks and DevKitGP2X, then read online C tutorials, or buy a book, and do it the honest way :)

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Back