Video About Omap3 & The Dsp And How Open It Is.

Nice. Go TI!

It's a bit surreal having a famous company like TI acknowledge things like GP2X and Pandora. I like it.

We simply MUST have a TI 994A emulator on Pandora at some point! :) (In fact I need to add it to my sticky post...)

Prophet said:
Nice. Go TI!

It's a bit surreal having a famous company like TI acknowledge things like GP2X and Pandora. I like it.
Hmm, well seeing as how these guys were in on it from before NDA/Non-disclosure lifted on this processor, and (apparently) TI (or someone at TI) has them as a pet project, I am a little surprised it took them this long. (although to be fair it hasn't really "existed" until quite recently, so it is understandable that they didn't drop names until the project was bearing fruit).

Well, that was a name drop, dumped and lumped in with the GP2X :blink: :angry:

Oh well, at least the P&|a has a shot at coming with a useful OS/Users manual, and isn't saddled with a piss-poor battery system ;) B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Firefox said:
I enjoyed that! Very nice to see a big company like TI really getting how releasing documentation and helping developer communities can help them to sell more chips. B)
Now, if only we could get Imagination on board. With stuff like Gallium3D coming along, it allows things to be done up however
we see fit to do so (Like using DirectFB's framework as the base, layering on each piece (Like X11) in a lightweight manner on
top of the previous layers as needed.). Unfortunately, unless one of us gets an NDA, we're going to get stuck with whatever
BLOB TI gives us. Not a bad thing, mind, but it limits what we can/can't do on the firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back