Vice V2.2

qbertaddict said:
Pickle said:
qbertaddict said:
Vice v2.2 runs excellent on the dingoo and im sure it will on the caanoo too. We just need to be patient

What do you guys think your waiting for? Someone compiled 2.2 on the dingoo just like it has been compiled for the caanoo and wiz. They are both basically running the same software, the only difference is the hardware and settings. For example true drive emulation can suck the life out of the emu, make sure the settings are the same.
We are waiting for an optimized version that overclocks correctly and has accurate frameskip and does not have messed up high pitched sound. The dingoo version does not even need to be overclocked and runs everything with true drive emulation on or off. Tvout works on the dingoo and it has an official build for it as well. That is what I am waiting for.

that's what I'm talking about. Vice is the last thing that's missing on my caanoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a fully working caanoo again and I won't start complaining about Vice, because it's working excellent, full speed and great sound with cartridges (even easyflash) and resid. There's just one big problem. In a lot of games you'll be asked if you want infinite lifes etc.. and some of them require to scroll down with the cursor keys, but they aren't present on the virtual keyboard. That's really a shame, because I don't think it'll be a lot of work to include them.  :(

Back