VICE EX

Lao Rebel

i don't know how to use this commodore 64 emulator. can someone guide me through this? show me the basics like running a game

Soo, the first thing you're going to want to do is get the game in a T64 (tape) or D64 (disk) format. If you don't mind pirating software, or if you already own the program, [Removed] is the place to go.

Once you have your Disk/Tape image, stick them somewhere on your SD card. On mine, I have them in a specific C64 disk-image folder.

Start up VICE-EX. To mount a disk image, press the left shoulder button, and scroll to "Smart Mount Disk Image". Select that, and then navigate to your image file. Select the file, and it should automatically go through the "LOAD "*",8,1" process for you.

For tape images, press the L shoulder button again, and go to "Attach Tape Image". Navigate to your tape image and select it. Now, exit from the menu by pressing the L shoulder button again, and type LOAD into the emulator. The emulated C64 should respond with "PRESS PLAY ON TAPE". Press the L shoulder button again and got to "Tap Settings". From in there, there should be an option to press play on the tape. (I haven't really messed around with tapes a whole lot)

Once the play button has been activated, return to the emulator and it should begin loading off of the tape.

Heh, nice first post for myself here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely - that's easily the best C64 tutorial I've seen for the Pandora. I don't know if anything similar already exists on the wiki, but if not, I would suggest posting it on there, too (the link is in the "Community" menu at the top of the forum). Good work, and welcome to the forum! :)

Unfortunately, I have had to remove the link that you posted, though, as links to copyright-infringing files aren't allowed here (there's an explanation of this from head-honcho ED, here). Sorry about that!

Absolutely - that's easily the best C64 tutorial I've seen for the Pandora. I don't know if anything similar already exists on the wiki, but if not, I would suggest posting it on there, too (the link is in the "Community" menu at the top of the forum). Good work, and welcome to the forum! :)

Unfortunately, I have had to remove the link that you posted, though, as links to copyright-infringing files aren't allowed here (there's an explanation of this from head-honcho ED, here). Sorry about that!
Would it be okay if I went ahead and created a page for it on the wiki? There isn't a "vice" page on there already.

It'd be more than ok - you don't even have to ask! (Though as you obviously know, it's a good idea to search first.)

The wiki's always in need of more people to add good content to it, after all, and your guide is definitely good content. :D

Ok I have found out and fixed the squished display regarding the horizontal !

I changed my machine type to NTSC today.. and that fixes it, select PAL and it`s back to incorrect!

weird

Would it be okay if I went ahead and created a page for it on the wiki? There isn't a "vice" page on there already.

I didn't look very hard, but I couldn't find a vice page.

Have you created anything yet?

I've added this to my todo. I've got a _lot_ of c64 stuff (gigs) which .. well maybe I'll eventually get around to it all..

Back