Vic-20?

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
i love my vic 20 and it seems to have stopped working so i really want a way to play gorf
is VICE my only option? i tried the pc version and i didnt work for me so im reluctant to try it with the 2x and fail. maybe i have bad roms? what do you do to make a game boot?

thanks

purple_goat posted on Dec 18 2006 at 11:54 AM said:
i love my vic 20 and it seems to have stopped working so i really want a way to play gorf
is VICE my only option? i tried the pc version and i didnt work for me so im reluctant to try it with the 2x and fail. maybe i have bad roms? what do you do to make a game boot?

thanks
have you tried frodo?

Last edited by a moderator:
prairiefire posted on Dec 18 2006 at 12:02 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Dec 18 2006 at 11:54 AM said:

thanks
have you tried frodo?
does that handle VIC-20 or just C=64? :huh:

And there was me thinking I had just about every vic 20 rom on my gp2x. But Gorf I don't have.

Have you tried switching memory expansion off? That helps with a lot of the 4k games (assuming it is a 4k game).

purple_goat posted on Dec 18 2006 at 03:06 PM said:
does that handle VIC-20 or just C=64? :huh:

Frodo only emulates the C64. I think what he meant was that you should find a copy of the Gorf disk image for C64.

Or, you could play it through the Atari 8-bit, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, or Colecovision emulators.

purple_goat posted on Dec 18 2006 at 03:54 PM said:

Play the GP2X MAME version of gorf in portrait mode! You've got to have the synth voice!

Fat Agnus posted on Dec 18 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
Play the GP2X MAME version of gorf in portrait mode! You've got to have the synth voice!

Good recommendation! Missed that one. Damn, I briefly searched for Gorf MAME and then kinda ignored the results.

saehn posted on Dec 19 2006 at 12:10 AM said:
Fat Agnus posted on Dec 18 2006 at 08:59 PM said:

Good recommendation! Missed that one. Damn, I briefly searched for Gorf MAME and then kinda ignored the results.

Here's Gorf on gp2x mame at time 1:04 into the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ISSdcgERs

Back