VGA out?

dagger

Still Fresh
I have a sugestion for Pandora developers:
- please add a VGA out connector to the next versions, so I can use the large 19" monitor when I am at home or at work

thanks

usbhost said:
- please add a VGA out connector to the next versions, so I can use the large 19" monitor when I am at home or at work

thanks

The board supports SD res output through analog or HD digital through the LCD panel connector. A VGA connector is too large for the Pandora, would take up a lot of space requiring case redesign and would look like crap. It isn't happening.

If you wanted, you could try to hijack the LCD output and use an external device to make it DVI compliant.

usbhost said:

thanks
Any kind of feature change isn't going to happen untill the Pandora II - ie, a COMPLETLY new pandora, which probably won't be for 5 years if it happens at all.

The reason for this is big changes like that are going to piss off early adopters. Something the Pandora team have been pretty firm they won't be doing. (Unlike the GP2X and it's touch screen)

Please direct any further questions to the GP32X forum's Pandora section. This here was really only a temporary forum. Most people have gone back to gp32x and I'm sure they'd all be more than happy to tell you how unreasonable your requests are there.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=62

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but don't post this particular question there :lol:
Look at my sig for info and use the search function. The missing VGA out is one of the most discussed topics ever, I suppose :wink:

zarneth said:
Any kind of feature change isn't going to happen untill the Pandora II - ie, a COMPLETLY new pandora, which probably won't be for 5 years if it happens at all.
Why would it take 5 years for Pandora II ? It seems like a lot of time.

usbhost said:
zarneth said:
Why would it take 5 years for Pandora II ? It seems like a lot of time.
The pandora team is just a group of 5 or so people. They're not some massive corporation with stacks of money churning out one crappy revision after the next. The Pandora is designed to last. Even if they could I doubt they'd do a new one earlier. It'd piss off all the people who bought the first version, having to pay the full amount again for something only marginally better while making their old pandora redundant.

Back