Verteron - a custom theme.

directive0

Very Active Member
Hey all,

I've never found a theme on the Pandora that suited my tastes so recently, building off of the dusk theme I adjusted the colour values to produce this theme, which I call "Verteron".

It uses a lot of black and bright green and classy folks and those with a sense of taste need not apply. It will definitely NOT be to everyones taste, but in the spirit of sharing I offer it to you! These screenshots make it look VERY colourful and bright but things are a little more washed out on the pandora screen. Your milage may vary.

To install unzip and place the Verteron folder in

/usr/share/themes/

then select the theme from the list in the "Appearance" panel. Not sure if you need to set appropriate permissions, someone might be able to clarify that.

I have included my retro-cool grid-plan background as well for your consideration.

If you have any suggestions or tips for a noob like me please fire away. Thanks for being such a cool and informative community!
ss.jpg
ss1.jpg

Attachments

• Verteron Theme.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
very Transformer-ish...
backing up my previous settings...

Yours looks like it would appeal to more people than mine. Mine is generally darker, with darker greys and no white, and most of my green stuff is pure green. I also used different fonts (I prefer slab serifs, but I do have some "fun" sans serif fonts, such as in the title bar). I also shrink down the title bar and borders, and I am pretty sure I removed and relocated some of the buttons.

More beautiful dark themes :).
Nice.

In case you wonder: That's the one I'm using on my Pandora and Laptop. It's so beautiful that it's the reason to use XFCE everywhere ;)
Slick Red

And that's some real great icons: OSDark
(Ther's a green version as well. Might fit to your color scheme)

And of course best mouse ever: Dragon's Jewel 3

Install these and you'll have my Desktop.
Have a look at OSDark. Might really fit to your theme :)

Hey all,

I've never found a theme on the Pandora that suited my tastes so recently, building off of the dusk theme I adjusted the colour values to produce this theme, which I call "Verteron".

It uses a lot of black and bright green and classy folks and those with a sense of taste need not apply. It will definitely NOT be to everyones taste, but in the spirit of sharing I offer it to you! These screenshots make it look VERY colourful and bright but things are a little more washed out on the pandora screen. Your milage may vary.

To install unzip and place the Verteron folder in

/usr/share/themes/

then select the theme from the list in the "Appearance" panel. Not sure if you need to set appropriate permissions, someone might be able to clarify that.

I have included my retro-cool grid-plan background as well for your consideration.

If you have any suggestions or tips for a noob like me please fire away. Thanks for being such a cool and informative community!View attachment 28670View attachment 28671

Will def try it!

I packed it with archive on a Mac. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there's problems. Let me try recompressing it and I'll re-upload.

I packed it with archive on a Mac. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there's problems. Let me try recompressing it and I'll re-upload.

That would be great. I love black/green themes....I suppose I could always try unpacking it on a real computer too

Do you think this will work on MATE on the Pyra? It's really pretty.
[doublepost=1470425903,1470425713][/doublepost]
More beautiful dark themes :).
Nice.

In case you wonder: That's the one I'm using on my Pandora and Laptop. It's so beautiful that it's the reason to use XFCE everywhere ;)
Slick Red

And that's some real great icons: OSDark
(Ther's a green version as well. Might fit to your color scheme)

And of course best mouse ever: Dragon's Jewel 3

Install these and you'll have my Desktop.
Have a look at OSDark. Might really fit to your theme :)
Yes, this looks amazing with the OSDark theme!

I'll give OSDark icons a try, they look awesome.

That dragons jewel cursor is totally not for me hahahaha +o(

-EDIT

I tried OSDark icons and it broke the network manager so I had to switch back. Looks pretty cool otherwise though.

Last edited:
I copied the OSDark Green folder to /usr/share/icons, and in the appearance preference pane I selected it from the Icons tab.

Once I do I get a "Missing Resources" dialogue box that says:

Code:
The NetworkManager applet could not find some required resources.
It cannot continue.

[Okay]

It does actually change the icons over, but I lose network connectivity. Setting the icon selection back to GNOME fixes it after restart.

Wow, that's really weird. I don't have that issue. Have you tried restarting WITHOUT changing it back?

I think I did and it just popped the same warning up at boot. I'll try again now.
[doublepost=1471369855,1471364535][/doublepost]
Wow, that's really weird. I don't have that issue. Have you tried restarting WITHOUT changing it back?

Nah still does it. Permissions all appear to be in order... weird.

Back