Vending Machine Experiences

lizard808uk

Child of the 80s
Website
Visit site
The vending machine where I work does the job I guess - tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. But it just does it in such a bad way. I only ever drink tea out of it, but its so disgusting that it becomes strangely hypnotic - maybe I'm sado I don't know.

Whats everyone's elses experience like? Has there ever in the whole history of company vending machines been a good drink dispensed?

If anyone thinks this is a weird post, then its because I'm bored and stuck in a 9-5 situation.

hmm..
we have like 50 coke vending machines at school, but some of them are really cool. cuz if u put in 100won (<10cents) it thinks its a 500won coin (<50cents). I've made like 10$ so far on the machine.. :D
I think they fixed it.. havent tried in a while.. but its like a slot machine... sometimes u lose and u get a 50won coin (<5cents)...
Most of the time u win :D
umm
that's my best vending machine experience.. not really related to the drinks though..

I usually steer clear of vending machines. Reason: Most stuff you get out of those stinks. But at least in Germany those things are quite easy to rip off, so if I have to get something froma machine like that and it stinks, I just get another one for free just so to annoy people :ph34r:

I just got annoyed earlier since someone in the office had whipped coffee and the machine put a load of gunk in my tea. :angry:

It may be crap, but its free, so can't really complain.

Mosch posted on Mar 3 2004 at 11:43 AM said:
in Germany those things are quite easy to rip off
:blink:

/me wants to know how to rip it off :p

Last edited by a moderator:
well for the ones that dispence bars, crisps, etc, just kick em really hard and hope for the best. :lol:

some of the ones at my school think that if $1 bills are $11 bills :blink: (need to rip them a certian way) but I just need to figure out how to do that but Im not sure how :(

DemonStar55 posted on Mar 3 2004 at 10:15 PM said:
think that if $1 bills are $11 bills
:blink:

Thats strange... it thinks that it's $11, when ther is no $11 bill :p

only onr of the vending machines at my school work. the other one used to give 25 cents for every 10 cents you put in. im not that desperate for money though :D

In Amsterdam, they have these tiny microwave vending machines that you slot your money into for pastry and sausage snacks. v. cool. I lived off those things for a week.

Also, someone was telling me that you can't get Kettles in America (because the voltage is so low) - is this true? I know from previous experience over there that most people microwave water (an alien concept if you ask me).

lizard808uk posted on Mar 4 2004 at 08:14 AM said:
In Amsterdam, they have these tiny microwave vending machines that you slot your money into for pastry and sausage snacks. v. cool. I lived off those things for a week.

Also, someone was telling me that you can't get Kettles in America (because the voltage is so low) - is this true? I know from previous experience over there that most people microwave water (an alien concept if you ask me).
no you can... my dad has one. i use it to make top ramen and other MSG-laced foods, but it burns the living fuck out of my hand :angry:

lizard808uk posted on Mar 4 2004 at 11:14 AM said:
God, that sounds like such an international myth. Electricity is electricity, you just need to convert it right.

I guess its too much to ask my boss for a proper cup of tea. Sod it I'm bringing a kettle to work tomorrow. Plus I'm going to give the vending machine from a hell a swift sharp kick for its efforts.

I figured someone was having one over me with that one (the kettle versus the american electrical supply) :)

Let me put it this way. The electrical system in America works different than it does in Europe. The plugs are different, yes. The actual voltage is different, yes. But is it impossible to get it to work with an American electrical outlet? No.

Back