Value Input In Allegro?

Algar

Still Fresh
Hi,
I dont seem to find a way to use an input command like C++'s 'cin >>'.. is there even a simpel way to do that in allegro?? theres 'keypress' etc but.. that one sucks for alot of things. someone??
thanx

Algar posted on Dec 6 2006 at 07:50 PM said:
nowaycomputer posted on Dec 6 2006 at 08:41 PM said:

I've seen that and thats not what I asked for.. don't want to write the text on the screen.. just want to be abel to give a variable a value.. to 'cin >>' something..

My C is a bit limited, but doesn't the code in that article take in an input, store it in a char array, then print it? Couldn't you just leave out the print commands?

Last edited by a moderator:
nowaycomputer posted on Dec 6 2006 at 08:41 PM said:
My C is a bit limited, but doesn't the code in that article take in an input, store it in a char array, then print it? Couldn't you just leave out the print commands?

yeah I've though about that to but.. still.. it just takes one char/keypress.. it doesent stores the hole value, say 152 for exampel, to the variabel.. but maby it doesnt make any different.. ?
its anoying that u cant just write something, press Enter, and the program goes on with the next procedure, or what ever.. dunno theres a plain and simpel way to do it..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back