GP32 Sleek/tiny Gp2x Sdk

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Hi :D

Im looking for PURE GP2X SDK Libs with Compiler [ without any allegro / SDL / and other libs addons ]. Just pure SDK.

When i looked in SDK provided on GP2X.DE i saw many libs that are not useable for newbie C++ coder [ like me ]. Trying to make it work will cut all my weekend [ or even whole week ], so im asking a little favor. Maybe You can help somehow. -> Where i can find sleek/tiny GP2X SDK only with standard libs / compilator [ without fancy things like additional allegro / SDL / other libs ]. Im trying to make a ultra-sleek IDE for that SDK [ in delphi ], because CODE::BLOX and Dev-C++ are "too heavy" for me as a newbie C++/C coder.

StreaK

Get the base toolchain for the cross compiler: E.g. Open2x: http://wiki.open2x.org/open2x/wiki/index.php?title=Toolchain
Get Rlyeh's Minimal Library for low level API to the GP2x
Get a text editor such as Notepad++ or Programmer's notepad

Compile everything by command line.

Both DevCpp and Code::Blocks are lightweight for a C++ programmer. Try downloading Visual Studio Express Edition for example. You are not going to get much sleeker then Code::Blocks with the same amount of features.

Note that libraries like SDL are there to make your life easier; if you're going right to the metal, you'll have to create your own routines for drawing lines and circles and so-forth, which is actually more work. So sometimes 'more is more' or 'less is more', depending on what you want to do :)

jeff

What do you want to do? If its text based stuff (ie, not using lcd) then going without libs is easy - just download open2x toolchain as already stated. However, if you want to draw stuff onto lcd and not done linux development before, you will find it more difficult *not* to use a library.

Newbies usually go along the CODE::BLOX / SDL route as it's easier than trying to do without them.

You should explain what exactly you want to do with your SDK. If you want to code in C++ for your GP2X, I guess you want to display something on the screen, right? Then SDL is the easiest option.

Back