Valentine's Day

Is it just a cash grab?

• Total voters

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
IMHO, we should kill off this day that we call Valentine's Day, because (it's just one big cash grab of a day now...or has been for quite sometime now) if you love someone a lot...then everyday should be/can be Valentine's Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

JDWez.png

Even more than my fiancé.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's only one girl for me :wub:

1258483566999.jpg

EDIT: We just got back from a hot date watching the matrix <3

2012-02-14 21.42.16.jpg

I better stop now before this gets creepy...

»LONLEY PEOPLE OF THE WORLD! DONT DESPAIR FOR WE HAVE OUR OWN DAY! HALF PRICE CHOCOLATE DAY! :D 15 February 2012«
I like the korean way of doing it.

Valentines Day (Feb 14) - women give chocolates to men

White Day (Mar 14) - men give candy to women

Black Day (Apr 14) - all the people who didn't get anything on the previous 2 events go to a restaurant to eat noodles with black bean sauce

I make a royal hash of Valentines day every single year, always in the dog house with my girlfriend (nothing unusual there then). I just absolutely hate it, I literally can't bring myself to put on the sparkly pink shroud and show everyone how romantic I am, it stirs absolutely zero emotions in me and if anything I feel insulted that you're forced to behave extra lovey on a certain day of the year or else be damned, especially as they chose one of the coldest, greyest, most miserable of months to place it in.

There's something about the tackiness of it that destroys any feeling I might have liked to express.

That looks delicious... Considering I've yet to have dinner, those dishes are giving me a lot of ideas that I don't have the ingredients for. :lol:

Edit: Aaaaaaand it appears I'm the only one who voted "no"? haha

Anywho, while it might be a cash grab, I think "just a cash grab" isn't quite right. It really depends what you make of it. ;)

Korea has 12 of them (14th of each month) but I don't know what the rest of them are about. Black day is usually the only one I need to know about. :)

(Wouldn't surprise me if each one was started by a different segment of the food industry. Is there a day where you give potato chips? I'd prefer that to chocolate)

Back