Using the Pyra as a controller.

Stellanatus

I am buying a steambox when it comes out. Is it possible to use my Pyra as a controller?

Steambox is a linux too and happens to be also Debian as well. There are hundreds of controllers that can work on operating systems and are easy to hook up like a keyboard or mouse. I would love to be able to use my Pyra for pc gaming on my steam box. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Long story short: if someone actually does the work, it will happen - there are already two projects for the Pandora: mastercontrol and pure, so there is hope...

Ps: I know it isn't 'chic' anymore to point out that there is already a thread about that, but I do it anyway. Please use the search function next time before creating a new thread. I know that a new thread can also create awareness for a topic, but if everyone opens up a new thread, imho the forum gets more cluttered and its harder to find information for a certain topic

edit: ninja'd by B-ZaR (the hint part of my post)

edit2: And just for the sake of beeing a smartass:it doesn't matter which OS your next gaming hardware will have as long as it has support for standard USB and/or Bluetooth HID profiles. Both projects for the Pandora did it via impersonating a (set of) certain device(s), it the only sane way to do it.

I thought someone already had Steam streaming somewhat working on the Pandora?

If you have streaming working - then you have controls and video on the Pyra and your Steambox TV/monitor.

Well I haven't tried it on the Pandora, but have it somewhat working on the OMAP5 Devboard. It might be better with 3D acceleration working, but right now it may be playable on a turned based game.

Well I haven't tried it on the Pandora, but have it somewhat working on the OMAP5 Devboard. It might be better with 3D acceleration working, but right now it may be playable on a turned based game.
By steam streaming do you mean from a host computer to the pandora like steamlink or actual Pyra running an emulation of steam?

By steam streaming do you mean from a host computer to the pandora like steamlink or actual Pyra running an emulation of steam?
I mean from a host computer to the OMAP5 development board (closest thing to the Pyra) running the x86 Linux version of steam via x86 emulation (Exagear Desktop).

https://www.youtube.com/embed/T-pPkpIDNnM?feature=oembed

Edit: Video is a mix between streaming and non-streamed content. Also I got audio working on streaming since this video was released, but still slow.

Edit 2: I really hope Steam streaming will work well, but have the nagging suspicion that x86 emulation, running steam and streaming games will be very CPU heavy. Not sure if working 3D acceleration will help at all.

I mean from a host computer to the OMAP5 development board (closest thing to the Pyra) running the x86 Linux version of steam via x86 emulation (Exagear Desktop).

https://www.youtube.com/embed/T-pPkpIDNnM?feature=oembed
wow nice. Sorry I am late on response. I was in the hospital past 5 days. No more fat foods for me -_- (pancreatitus). I am starting to wonder yet again if the Pyra can replace the need for Steam box. Seeing they both come out around the same time I might just have to wait till Christmas time to decide on getting a steam box. Pyra is for sure a must get.. 

Back