Using A Pandora As A Usb Controller

Wolenber

I think there was a topic for this a while back, but I'm not really sure what happened to it.

Basically, what are the chances of drivers being made so the Pandora could be used as a controller for a normal PC, or possibly even a tablet?

It's not impossible... from what I remember from talks with Firefly (who turned the GP32 into a mouse and a joystick for windows XP) it's all about getting control over the usb out and sending the proper codes (basically tell the pandora to take its controls and send them out the usb as a usb hid device would). The theory is easy for me to understand, I just wouldn't know where to start coding a driver to do so...

The tablet part is a bit trickier, as most tablets can sense the pen above the tablet to let the artist know where it is, unlike pandora where it would be just a press and guess type approach unless you set it up to use some kind of button press to enable the actual click and had normal touch just be location...

I would like to see the game controller thing for sure, would make things interesting (hell, I've dug out my GP32 sometimes just to use it as a usb joystick while playing something on a computer against a friend... I had it on me anyways, might aswell use it :p)

There's a USB game control for PSP called Fusa Gamepad, and it works so well that I use it as my main PC game controller. If the PSP can do it, I'm sure someone can get a Pandora to do it. :)

As a tablet... I think a better option would be to invest in a Wacom Bamboo. The base versions are $79, I believe, and the one that has pen and touch is $99 (that's the one I have). Like Hooka's said, it might be tricky. Might work better if you use it as a touch pad as opposed to a tablet.

Back