A Fantastic Usb Xbox 1 Controller

RetiredAccount

Still Fresh
Hey this is a great guide for making your own Xbox USB controller for your Pandora! (You can use it with your PC too, but im not sure about Macs though as I do not own one) You can still use the Xbox controller with your Xbox as you only need to cut up the adapter.
http://www.instructables.com/id/XBOX-Controler-Via-Usb/

I will try to make an instructional video for you guys but it may never happen so don't get your hopes up

did this a couple of days ago, its great as a cheap but good gamepad for pc, just sucks u need to install drivers for it, not simply plug and play

Yes, the Xbox is made of PC parts, yes the controller is just a USB device. Connect red to red, black to black, green to green, white to white, and leave yellow alone. Done.

I think that Linux may be able to use this as a standard HID by now, as far as Linux is concerned it is just a weird device and they add support for it.

Personally I don't like the controller, it feels weird and wrong (too "fat" still, even the Blade). I use PSX controllers :) (even on my Xbox :p).

mechanizeddeath said:
Nice! I'm looking forward to using my Duke on the Pandora, especially since it is about 100 times the size of the Pandora. :D
I don't see why so many people complain about the size of the Duke. IMHO, it's a great controller that fills your hands, so you feel like you're holding something solid.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
mechanizeddeath said:
Nice! I'm looking forward to using my Duke on the Pandora, especially since it is about 100 times the size of the Pandora. :D
Its obviously something that you wouldn't take with you when you travel, but it would be a good controller used it with a tv-out cable at home

I made one of these, but I made it the wrong way round and ended up making a usb adapter for the xbox.

Does anyone know if the XPad drivers will be in the Kernel of the Pandora's Linux? (Or if there will be any easy way of installing those drivers)

-God Ginrai

I never got into the dukes. I have large hands but the smaller xbox controllers are more comfortable for me.

Then again, larger controllers mean your elbows are less cramped. I love the wii remote + nunchuk for this reason.

God Ginrai said:
I don't see why so many people complain about the size of the Duke. IMHO, it's a great controller that fills your hands, so you feel like you're holding something solid.

-God Ginrai
I am in total agreement with you there. I bought my original Xbox bundle right after they switched to the S design, and while I liked the design of the S controller, I was curious enough about the Duke to pick one up when they were still available. The difference was astounding. I found that I could play for hours without hand cramping or soreness, and my performance in games increased dramatically. I had been stuck on the Library level in Halo for about a week, and after switching to the Duke I made it through on my next attempt. :blink:

I remember reading somewhere that most, if not all of the Bungie devs used the Duke as well.

I wish there was a place I could find new Dukes still in their packaging. I'd buy 3 more on the spot. I would love to try Quake 3 with my Duke.

-God Ginrai

Fry_Guy1440 said:
Hey this is a great guide for making your own Xbox USB controller for your Pandora! (You can use it with your PC too, but im not sure about Macs though as I do not own one) You can still use the Xbox controller with your Xbox as you only need to cut up the adapter.

I will try to make an instructional video for you guys but it may never happen so don't get your hopes up

Or you could just buy a USB converter cable for like $2 and not have to hack up your cable. I have two of them.

smanky said:
Fry_Guy1440 said:

Or you could just buy a USB converter cable for like $2 and not have to hack up your cable. I have two of them.

Where did you find them that cheap? The ones I found were some nice breakaways, but were still $9.99. Still a price I'd pay, but If I could find them for cheaper, then that would be great.

-God Ginrai

Back