User assigned buttons (i.e. buttons not mapped to any standard function)

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
I think it could be useful to put a couple of buttons down the side

possible three down each side.

These could be assigned as:

1. Quick toggles (mute/wifi/etc) perhaps toggle between launcher/UIs?
  2. media buttons (as they would be accessible when the lid was closed)
  3. shortcuts to common applications
  4. Unmount SD card/etc buttons
  5. anything else...

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love something like this, myself, especially the media-buttons, since Deadbeef is perfectly happy to assign any keyboard buttons that it recognises to those functions, for example.

That said, I must admit, I thought from the title that this would be a post about that "buttons with embedded LCDs" idea from a while back! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
A while ago there was a thread about making a peripheral that slots on the back on the pandora with media controls, I did make but completely botched my own peripheral that added l2 and r2 for the playstation but also added a back and skip button to my media.

You could always elaborate on this and add more keys.

A while ago there was a thread about making a peripheral that slots on the back on the pandora with media controls, I did make but completely botched my own peripheral that added l2 and r2 for the playstation but also added a back and skip button to my media.

You could always elaborate on this and add more keys.

No clip-on system can come close to the neatness of a few more buttons built in to the case...

I agree completely, but clip on may be the only option unless you fancy taking a dremel to your pandora, built in media controls sounds like a pandora 2 feature.

Otherwise, maybe an inline control?

Back