Usb_Modeswitch

illusionx

Still Fresh
Well I'm hoping someone with more knowledge can help me here, I have a HSPA+ stick Huawei E1820 to be exact and if I plug it into my pandora it sees the storage parts of the stick. Under linux you could at this point use usb_modeswitch to change it to modem state and then start using it. However the pandora doesn't seem to have this tool, I found website below and grabbed the source

http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/

I've tried compiling it locally on the pandora but I'm missing a "usb.h" include so it fails and I'm not really up on cross compiling.
Is there anyone out there that can try a quick compile of this tool and if it works post it up for me to grab?

or a pointer to a good cross compiling starter guide would be cool.

usb.h is in the libhid-dev package, try to install it and see if you can compile onboard ..

torpor said:
usb.h is in the libhid-dev package, try to install it and see if you can compile onboard ..

Well I don't know where you found that package but I certainly couldn't find it in the angstrom repo
In the end I ripped a copy out of a debian package and used that, it worked a treat but that's when the real work started :)

Well today I managed to connect to the Internet using a Huawei E1820 via T-Mobile NL

boy what a hassle though, I did so many things to get it to work it's hard to know if I really needed every step I'll review what I did and try come up with a guide if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
illusionx said:
torpor said:

Well I don't know where you found that package but I certainly couldn't find it in the angstrom repo
In the end I ripped a copy out of a debian package and used that, it worked a treat but that's when the real work started :)

Well today I managed to connect to the Internet using a Huawei E1820 via T-Mobile NL

boy what a hassle though, I did so many things to get it to work it's hard to know if I really needed every step I'll review what I did and try come up with a guide if anyone is interested.

Sure m8 , would be cool ;)
Would save much time if you could post a tut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back